What's new

What is the best value kava kava item on the internet?

Shawn Green

Kava Curious
By best value, I'm looking for the best combination of quantity, with the strongest amount of active ingredients and price. (And what shop on the internet is the best)? By the way, I was recommended this Amazon product is that good?
Also, are the strainer bags and the Kavafied AluBall Kava, Coffee, and Tea Brewing Ball worth it?
Amazon product

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
just imo ymmv but there is no such thing. Just a bunch of decent to good to excellent kavas with variations on themes of taste, effect, price.

If anything, "best combination of quantity, with the strongest amount of active ingredients and price" is almost antithetical to the whole gestalt of kava. There's lots of great kavas. Pick one, enjoy. Then another. Then another. But what you claim to seek is not what lies in kava, it's what kava cures.

Shawn Green

Kava Curious
just imo ymmv but there is no such thing. Just a bunch of decent to good to excellent kavas with variations on themes of taste, effect, price.

If anything, "best combination of quantity, with the strongest amount of active ingredients and price" is almost antithetical to the whole gestalt of kava. There's lots of great kavas. Pick one, enjoy. Then another. Then another. But what you claim to seek is not what lies in kava, it's what kava cures.
I want one that is decently priced and calms you down the most.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Wakacon waka is the best and most reliable you'll find at that price...there are more expensive kavas that are both better and worse than the Wakacon though. You could also replace the words "better" and "worse" with "more effective" and "less effective". In some cases they could just be "different"...but that difference might not be in a way that suits you.

There's an inbuilt genetic variation between us all that makes experimenting with different varieties necessary to finding out what works best for you. That pertains to both the dosage and the variety.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Wakacon waka is the best and most reliable you'll find at that price...there are more expensive kavas that are both better and worse than the Wakacon though. You could also replace the "better" and "worse" with "more effective" and "less effective". In some cases they could just be "different"...but that difference might not be in a way that suits you.

There's in inbuilt genetic variation between us all that makes experimenting with different varieties necessary to finding out what works best for you. That pertains to both the dosage and the variety.
This jibes with my experience 100% or gibes, I can never remember which.

Jules

Hello!
My name is Jules, and I hail from Sacramento California. I cannot tell you how helpful the preparation Youtube was, Mr. Mckrunkface. I hastily jotted down all the stuff you were talking about, and proceeded to order some.

I am recovering from a trauma, and I have a lot of medications I have to take. What I am grateful for, is the Kava's ability to keep me mellow while the other meds are making me speedy as hell. I know the new medication reaction will decrease, and the Kava is helping 100% with that. I too have been prescribed Xanax, for when I flip out during a "trigger". I was taking too much, I wanted something to help me deal with the titration down from the Xanax ( yes I am doing it safely, this is not the first time I have weaned off)
Respect the Kava. I certainly do, and am extremely grateful to find this forum.
I don't drink alcohol, so that is quite the advantage, I would say, for me personally. I must say though, I don't think I could sip it and put it down and drink some more. I have to slam this shit, as I personally find the taste repulsive. I put it in a cup after making it, and use a large straw. I can drink easier using the straw, and plugging my nose. I have thrown my liquid protein shake in it, so I get some protein going on. I find that I have no appetite. Not sure if it's from the medication, which makes me feel sketchy at best. The Kava washes over me like a gentle wave. Thank God.

I am waiting for the shaker balls to show up, as I ended up one night using one of my socks. Yes, you may mock me for that, but I got the results eventually. I am stashing the used Kava in the freezer, as recommended. I have to say the feeling is very different from anything else I have tried ( old hippie, I think I have tried it all ) My boyfriend came home last night from a music gig (drummer, I know, yes, a drummer) and I was in a great mood. Helping him bring some stuff in, and I turned around and actually walked into a wall. Yes, you may mock me for that. I thought it was hilarious. "No, I don't feel much at all....smack" No way I would ever use this and drive.
I hope to meet some of you folks on here. I tend to be chatty. Except right now I feel Kava, and it is hindering my ability to type, and spell the words correctly. So, I would say I have reached my objective: Wean off the Benzos, and deal with the nasty side effects of Wellbutrin.
So.... thanks for sharing the Youtube. I would say it changed my life. And it has done a great job so far!

Warmly,
Jules

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Imo:
The Alubottle w/ aluballs are awesome. So fast and easy. I have been using my Pro version for several months and haven't kneaded a bag for quite awhile! I do two washes and then freeze the makas to blend and knead in a nylon bag later. Krunkie and others have great "freezer maka prep" details on here. It really maximizes your kava extraction and value! Enjoy! I haven't had back pain or sciatica since starting kava! Get the Alubottle Pro from Kavafied (I bought a second ball and always do a 2 ball wash....wait....did that sound wrong? ::aluball::::aluball::::alubottle::::KavaChug::::kavaleaf::[/QUOTE]

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hello!
My name is Jules, and I hail from Sacramento California. I cannot tell you how helpful the preparation Youtube was, Mr. Mckrunkface. I hastily jotted down all the stuff you were talking about, and proceeded to order some.

I am recovering from a trauma, and I have a lot of medications I have to take. What I am grateful for, is the Kava's ability to keep me mellow while the other meds are making me speedy as hell. I know the new medication reaction will decrease, and the Kava is helping 100% with that. I too have been prescribed Xanax, for when I flip out during a "trigger". I was taking too much, I wanted something to help me deal with the titration down from the Xanax ( yes I am doing it safely, this is not the first time I have weaned off)
Respect the Kava. I certainly do, and am extremely grateful to find this forum.
I don't drink alcohol, so that is quite the advantage, I would say, for me personally. I must say though, I don't think I could sip it and put it down and drink some more. I have to slam this shit, as I personally find the taste repulsive. I put it in a cup after making it, and use a large straw. I can drink easier using the straw, and plugging my nose. I have thrown my liquid protein shake in it, so I get some protein going on. I find that I have no appetite. Not sure if it's from the medication, which makes me feel sketchy at best. The Kava washes over me like a gentle wave. Thank God.

I am waiting for the shaker balls to show up, as I ended up one night using one of my socks. Yes, you may mock me for that, but I got the results eventually. I am stashing the used Kava in the freezer, as recommended. I have to say the feeling is very different from anything else I have tried ( old hippie, I think I have tried it all ) My boyfriend came home last night from a music gig (drummer, I know, yes, a drummer) and I was in a great mood. Helping him bring some stuff in, and I turned around and actually walked into a wall. Yes, you may mock me for that. I thought it was hilarious. "No, I don't feel much at all....smack" No way I would ever use this and drive.
I hope to meet some of you folks on here. I tend to be chatty. Except right now I feel Kava, and it is hindering my ability to type, and spell the words correctly. So, I would say I have reached my objective: Wean off the Benzos, and deal with the nasty side effects of Wellbutrin.
So.... thanks for sharing the Youtube. I would say it changed my life. And it has done a great job so far!

Warmly,
Jules
Hey Jules,

Don't worry about the sock! I used to use handkerchiefs and bandannas until one day, one bust and covered my face, the wall and ceiling in makas LOL. Not everyone can get all the supplies at once. I understand going at your own pace.

Kava has helped me with trauma as well. This part isn't discussed very frequently, but I feel it's a wonderful benefit!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

Kava has a gestalt?! Who knew?

@Shawn Green I recommend trying the strongest available and seeing how you feel but bear in mind the strongest kavas aren't always the best... To my mind Wow is "better" than Stone but just because it's a more rounded, pleasurable experience. Lots of examples of that kind of thing. Strongest doesn't always translate to best.