What's new

What is the highest quality and strongest instant noble kava?

Doug Sims

The title pretty much says it all. Taste doesn't matter--I like the tastes of kava I've had so far. Have had Root of Happiness ground root and Samsara Instant (said 30% kavalactones) so far. Neither seem strong and I've used many times the dosage recommended for each. I've tried "toss and wash" with the root, too, blended like hell. I haven't had any bad side effects from either at all. I can tell it's having somewhat of an effect but I'm doing this primarily instead of alcohol and would like for it to be more intense--I was expecting something similar to diazepam and got close to that the first few times with each. Not seeming to have the reverse tolerance I keep reading about.
So, who's the best vendor here for what I'm looking?

Doug Sims

This evening I had three big tablespoons of the Samsara Instant in barely warm water and kneaded about five tablespoons of the Root of Happiness with sunflower lecithin in warm water (ran this bag twice). Just now starting to feel loose and getting a little of an involuntary grin. Seems like a lot to take for an effect this minimal.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
This evening I had three big tablespoons of the Samsara Instant in barely warm water and kneaded about five tablespoons of the Root of Happiness with sunflower lecithin in warm water (ran this bag twice). Just now starting to feel loose and getting a little of an involuntary grin. Seems like a lot to take for an effect this minimal.
Root of Happiness might not be your best choice. There are a lot of good vendors here on the forums. The instant I sell you only use 1-2 teaspoons per cup of water. if you had 3 tablespoons of my instant I guarantee you would feel the big difference, I do suggest starting with the teaspoons first when it comes to quality instant kava. Aloha.

Chris

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Doug Sims I used to use a lot of instant and when I first started I used to use 2 tbsps a night split into 2 shells. With time I started to only need 2 tsps per shell and I'd get good effects. My favourite instants are unfortunately no longer available but the instants from GHK are amazing. You might also want to try the instant green from Bula Kava House. Consider also micronised kava, Kalm with Kava carry some really good micros as do GHK and a stand out is the 11 yr waka micro from Bula Kava House, that's strong stuff and if that doesn't give you effects then I'd be very surprised.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Honestly, I say avoid instant. Drink micronized and just deal with a bit of a "too much fiber" feeling. It's far preferable to the dehydrating feeling that you get from instant. The last time I had decent instant, it was Nakamal at Home's Shaman. I believe that one has been discontinued.

Doug Sims

Root of Happiness might not be your best choice. There are a lot of good vendors here on the forums. The instant I sell you only use 1-2 teaspoons per cup of water. if you had 3 tablespoons of my instant I guarantee you would feel the big difference, I do suggest starting with the teaspoons first when it comes to quality instant kava. Aloha.

Chris
Would you say go with your instant or your micronized? And exactly what kind of yours should I get? Looked on your site and prices seem ok and shipping is free. Are there any deals on your very best stuff right now?

Doug Sims

@Doug Sims I used to use a lot of instant and when I first started I used to use 2 tbsps a night split into 2 shells. With time I started to only need 2 tsps per shell and I'd get good effects. My favourite instants are unfortunately no longer available but the instants from GHK are amazing. You might also want to try the instant green from Bula Kava House. Consider also micronised kava, Kalm with Kava carry some really good micros as do GHK and a stand out is the 11 yr waka micro from Bula Kava House, that's strong stuff and if that doesn't give you effects then I'd be very surprised.
Is micronized generally stronger, then? What is required to prepare it?

Doug Sims

Honestly, I say avoid instant. Drink micronized and just deal with a bit of a "too much fiber" feeling. It's far preferable to the dehydrating feeling that you get from instant. The last time I had decent instant, it was Nakamal at Home's Shaman. I believe that one has been discontinued.
Which micronized specifically would you buy right now?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Doug Sims instant is stronger than micro. Both have an unusual taste compared to normal root but ask anyone who knows and they will tell you that instant is the closest thing to tasting fresh root you would drink on the islands. You prepare both the same. Instant is basically a batch of fresh kava that's been made and then simply dehydrated to create a powder so that when you add water you're getting back as close as you can to a batch of fresh kava. This works pretty well. Micronised is whole root that's been ground really finely so you are in effect tossing and washing but the particles are small enough as to cause limited stomach problems.

A sample pack from GHK would be a really good idea. In general the main 3 you should start with are the nene, mahakea and m'oi. Nene is a heavy kava so you'll get more body effects and some sedation. It's not the strongest kava but it is pretty reliable and extremely pleasant. If I am unwell in any way and I just want a gentle kava to soothe me then I always go with Nene. M'oi is an all heady kava, you'll maybe feel some euphoria and good mental relaxation but not a lot in the body. Mahakea is like you've mixed the two, a good balanced kava, you'll get some body relaxation but also good mental effects too. If you were just going to buy one I'd say go with Mahakea.

There is of course a huge world of different kavas out there for you to sample and it's best to try as many as you can afford until you find the best one for you.