What's new

What percent of strains you've tried simply don't work for you?

RevRad

Kava Curious
After going through most of my nambawan I've come to the conclusion pretty much the only time it seemed to do much of anything was when I mixed a small amount of KWK Vula Waka with it. The Vula Waka on its own would never have been enough to get the huge effects (recently actually got so kava'd on 6T Namba/2T Vula I got scared for a minute lol) but the nambawan seemed to be an extender and additive to its effects. Alone, nambawan does little to nothing for me. How often do you find strains like this that simply don't do much/anything for you?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The first time trying something can be hit and miss but usually I either grow to like it or it's just not my cup of tea. Only a very few I can think of that just consistently did nothing for me.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I'll echo Edward in that I've had weak effects first time trying some Kava's, like Squanch for instance, but l always feel something.
There are definitely some that I don't enjoy the effects of, so I guess you could say they 'don't work for me' as they effects don't give me what I'm looking for.
Also there are times when a kava just doesn't kick in, it's weird but some strains have an inconsistent effect. But when it hits, oh when it hits :happy:

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
I'll echo Edward in that I've had weak effects first time trying some Kava's, like Squanch for instance, but l always feel something.
There are definitely some that I don't enjoy the effects of, so I guess you could say they 'don't work for me' as they effects don't give me what I'm looking for.
Also there are times when a kava just doesn't kick in, it's weird but some strains have an inconsistent effect. But when it hits, oh when it hits :happy:
Pretty much all kava has some effects now even if it's unlikely I'll repurchase again. Because I'm picky I'd say only about 1/3 of the strains I like enough to lay down my money I earned turning trix on the corner. $3 a bj x20 a night I can get a lb of Squanch waka, but it's worth it, I do spend a lot on lipgloss and breath mints :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
It is extremely unusual for a kava to have absolutely no effect at all on me. There have been cases like "Best Fijian Kava" from a couple years ago, or an old bag of "Fu'u" I got a while ago, where it is very weak, but still has some noticeable effect. The only time I had a kava product that had literally no effect whatsoever, so that I suspect it might not have contained any kava at all, was Kava Dot Com "Instant Kava". It was some kind of powder that did not taste or act like kava at all. Possibly rice powder or something..

Now sometimes the effect of kava can be quite subtle, but still if you are attuned to it you can pretty much tell if what you have is just weak or is rice powder or something else...

RevRad

Kava Curious
In really high doses the nambawan makes me a tiny bit foggy and sleepy but otherwise not much. It's not no effects so much as very, very little.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I have felt effects from every kava. I have noticed though as I change cultivars I may miss the effects on the first few rounds because of the subtleties of the kava I'm expecting effects similar to the last bag I tried when they can be quite different. After a few shells to retune and listen to the kava I can feel the effects just as strong as the previous type

N

Noname

When it doesnt hit try to listen harder, don't expect any type of effect just drink and listen. You might be expecting a specific effect but the kava gave you a differnt type and so you kept your attention away from what it had to offer by expecting something else. Also sometimes a kava doesn't work for you cuz it doesn't match body. Maybe you might try it Ina few days and it hits you. Kava can be unpredictable sometimes

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I have felt effects from every kava. I have noticed though as I change cultivars I may miss the effects on the first few rounds because of the subtleties of the kava I'm expecting effects similar to the last bag I tried when they can be quite different. After a few shells to retune and listen to the kava I can feel the effects just as strong as the previous type
What is your typical dose?

Jay Charles

Kava Curious
i usually will start out feeling good the first day or 3 when trying any new strain (unless it's really lousy stuff.. and even then i'll catch a buzz but an hr later feel horrible). it really takes my brain a while to determine which of the "good" strains it likes. i need ideally a pound of it to work through slowly and gauge the effects over days. more recently some of the strains i thought were "the one" stopped doing the trick after even a month or two of drinking them. now i can only deal with a couple of different strains (some of the highest nobility ones like nene) and i tend to steer clear of the headier kavas. i used to love heady kavas but now sadly i'm getting some bad nausea from them. i'm thinking there might be something else going on with my body though. everyone is different

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
Hmm, well, my first ever Kava experience was with Loa Lawena from CK. Either it was the reverse tolerance, or not knowing how to get the most of it, but I barely felt much. Who knows? I've since had Nambawan from BKH, which honestly effected me too much. I felt sick, to put it plainly. Maybe I didn't realize that it says "not for beginners" for a reason, and I took another shell because I didn't feel anything. Rookie mistake, I suppose, I didn't respect the root haha!

But I recently bought Mo'i with an Aluball, and honestly its the best kava experience I've ever had, and the reason I joined this forum. Perfect for my body type, and I rarely feel a bit of a headache afterwards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk