What's new

What type of kava is best for severe anxity please?

whufc1980

Hi, I suffer from terrible anxiety problems and have just discovered kava online, but am so confused. Is there different types? What is the best type for severe anxiety? Really would appreciate help. Any answers and maybe links as to where to buy it. Thank you all. Peter

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi, I suffer from terrible anxiety problems and have just discovered kava online, but am so confused. Is there different types? What is the best type for severe anxiety? Really would appreciate help. Any answers and maybe links as to where to buy it. Thank you all. Peter
I suppose it can all be overwhelming, given the choices, so maybe a sample pack from KWK or take a look in this folder
Welcome to kf!

kavapros

Kava Curious
Not all kava will work the same. Some may actually may the symptoms worse.
Your best bet would be to try a Fijian kava as it's a lot more well balanced. I feel like there are too many variables with Vanuatu cultivars, you may have to find the right one.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
I know most would perhaps answer, that the more sedative heavy strains are best for it.
I rather have a kava more on the heady side (but a bit heavy within). To me this was perfect. The heady is more directly anti-anxiety, while heavy is more like sedation that lowers your anxiety. But it is very personal.