What's new

Kava Preparation What's your traditional prep setup? (pics)

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Hey guys, just curious... I know pics have been posted here and there on the forum, just thought I'd start a thread for this.

This is mine... I use cotton cloth as a strainer, and knead with what's known as a "kraut tamper" - it's made for compressing sauerkraut in a jar, but works really well for kneading. :) The plate it just to catch water that splashes out occasionally...

Attachments

EQ

Atman

Jokes Aside. I'm basic, but I do scale my Kava dose, and sometimes blend soy and olive oil if I feel l have the strength to handle it.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hahaha aluball for individual usage. Or a light session with a friend but I can't fill that baby up that many times when there's 3 or 4 people drinking it haha. I wish I could just make it how @TheanineLife makes it

The first one ;)

Reactions: EQ

Jerome

Kava Lover
Hey guys, just curious... I know pics have been posted here and there on the forum, just thought I'd start a thread for this.

This is mine... I use cotton cloth as a strainer, and knead with what's known as a "kraut tamper" - it's made for compressing sauerkraut in a jar, but works really well for kneading. :) The plate it just to catch water that splashes out occasionally...
You a fellow kraut maker? Think there's any potentiation by lacto fermented foods? That'd be great!

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
You a fellow kraut maker? Think there's any potentiation by lacto fermented foods? That'd be great!
I don't know.... I haven't noticed any per se... perhaps with kim chi, but I think that has more to do with the spicyness...

But yes I am a fellow kraut maker :)

Jerome

Kava Lover
That's what I do. Kimchi and kraut. Not much else. The kimchi is great as a kava chaser. Kava pairs well with spicy foods. Now I'm hungry...