What's new

When life gives you lemons...

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Squeeze some into your kava!

I put a squirt in a cup of grog last night and it seemed to help cut the taste a decent amount. And, since it's such a small amount of liquid, it doesn't increase your volume too much (less to chug).

DISCLAIMER: This is almost definitely not an original idea.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
You know what I some times use a little key lime juice in my grogs. It does help. much Love Roaddog....

blindy107

Kava Lover
Really? I had no luck with either of those myself. OJ is the only citrus that's worked for me so far. Cinnamon is still the best kava flavor killer I've found to date.

These days I just hold my breath a few secs after the shell is down. Boom!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
These days I just hold my breath a few secs after the shell is down. Boom!
I don't even hold my breath any more. I've gotten to where I invite the taste of kava into my brain. It tracks in mud and leaves and chunks of tree bark and plops down on my white sofa for a while. Then, when my facial muscles relax again, it's like he was never there.

/shrug

blindy107

Kava Lover
I should say I draw in air sharply through my mouth. Keeps the bite from rising up. The vanuatus are too sharp for me. Haha

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I should say I draw in air sharply through my mouth. Keeps the bite from rising up. The vanuatus are too sharp for me. Haha
Yeah, the vanuatu stuff is the most challenging to be sure. Definitely a lot going on flavor wise. Most of it unpleasant.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Really? I've always felt like Vanuatu kavas smell the dankest, in both the good and bad sense of that word.

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
It's odd because my fav smelling kava is from van. I love love love the smell of the Kalm Boronguru.
That Boronguru smells awesome! I think it was the first kava that actually smelled good to me (a lot of kava smells like I want to drink it, but not because it smells "good," exactly).

I'll have to give cinnamon a try. Ginger is always nice, too, so I think that non-pepper spiciness must help balance out the grog's flavor.