What's new

Where can I buy small amounts of kava?

Shade

hi'
I'm somewhat new to kava. I've tried the Fijian kava, which was very nice and calming. And it made me sort of sleepy. But now I wanna try a more energizing kava. Like the fu'u kind or melo melo. I can find these on the internet some what easily, but they always come in larger amounts like 1 lb bags. And I'm kind of low on funds at the moment, so does anyone know where I can get small amounts of the energizing kava?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
There are several vendors who will sell you a half-pound. I've seen a few sell less than that, but these are almost universally bad deals and bad kava.

You can get a half-pound of pouni ono from kalm with kava for $22, that's probably what I would recommend.

Shade

There are several vendors who will sell you a half-pound. I've seen a few sell less than that, but these are almost universally bad deals and bad kava.

You can get a half-pound of pouni ono from kalm with kava for $22, that's probably what I would recommend.
Wow thanks. That really helped me, I'm looking forward to trying the pouni Ono kava. And the prices are pretty good. And thanks for warnin me about the fake kava. That will be helpful in the future

nakamalathome

Kava Vendor
hi'
I'm somewhat new to kava. I've tried the Fijian kava, which was very nice and calming. And it made me sort of sleepy. But now I wanna try a more energizing kava. Like the fu'u kind or melo melo. I can find these on the internet some what easily, but they always come in larger amounts like 1 lb bags. And I'm kind of low on funds at the moment, so does anyone know where I can get small amounts of the energizing kava?
We sell most of our kava products in half pound (250g) portions if you are looking to try a smaller amount. Currently we have a promotion for Forum Members as well for 25% off of Black Sand kava, which also comes in the 250g portion.

EQ

Atman
Kalm with Kava also has micro kavas. They start at $15 for 2 oz. Now I just bite the bullet and order the 8oz sizes, but it's a good way to try different ones.
Micro Kava is a lot more expensive. It is stronger per gram but not by a lot in my experience. I will use 2 oz in a session.
Micro is good convenience though

@Shade

Kavafied sells 200 gram bags for $20. 1 ounce less than half a pound. It doesn't get smaller than that.

Also Kava isn't cheap like dirt it looks like.

Last edited:

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
Micro Kava is a lot more expensive. It is stronger per gram but not by a lot in my experience. I will use 2 oz in a session.
Micro is good convenience though

@Shade

Kavafied sells 200 gram bags for $20. 1 ounce less than half a pound. It doesn't get smaller than that.

Also Kava isn't cheap like dirt it looks like.

For real, two oz per session with micro? Holy crap. My husband (now on board with kava) and I went ahead and purchased a 2oz. bag of micro from KWK. Can't remember which one specifically but been waiting for it to arrive since before Memorial Day. I'm chomping at the bit! Hope it gets here soon, eager to try it out but man, if I'm like you, this isn't gonna last me very long. XD maybe I'll be one of those lucky few that gets comfy on a couple tbsp stirred in. Not sure, got my fingers crossed.

EQ

Atman
@Jana

I see micros almost double price.
Medium Grind is essential for budget Kava drinking.

Micro is just finely ground medium grind. 2 oz micro is = 2 oz medium grind. Mass doesn't change. If you take 2 oz medium and grind it down the mass will remain at 2 oz but the volume lowers and it is more dense. The only difference is you are consuming the whole root with micro meaning you are getting all the goods thus it will be a tad stronger.

Micro is good for when you have little time or for if you are out, and not at home.

Last edited:

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
Not all micros are like that. GHK and KWK micros are different. You can read about them on their websites.