What's new

Where to buy kava local

taylor

Kava Curious
I was wondering if anywhere local would possibly sale any kava while i wait on an order. Im in memphis tn

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
do you have any hippy or health food stores near you?
anywhere that sells organic granola and or herbal remedies in bulk?
those are the places i'd look

taylor

Kava Curious
Yea one places sales mainly herbs and spices and i saw on their website they have kava for $2.50? Cant imagine it being noble

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Taylor, best places to find kava are Polynesian markets (Fijian, Tongan, etc). Health food stores also stock kava. Both can be very, very sketchy in terms of quality, although sometimes you can get some good stuff.

edit: Oh and nakamals of course, I don't think there are any in Tennnessee though.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I would be very suspect of kava that is not from one of the well known vendors on this forum. Quality will likely be subpar and safety could be questionable. Unless you have a Polynesian community that is selling and promoting it, for reasons other than making quick money. Most general herb companies are not educated on the details of the various kinds of kava available. This is an issue with the herb world in general, though. Nakamals would be good choices since they won't stay in business if their product is not of high quality.

taylor

Kava Curious
Yea i found some at a hippie shop that sales a bunch of herbs and spices and decided against it because they couldnt tell me anything about it. Just being impatient about my kava thats in the mail

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Just a shot in the dark, but my guess is that the head shop carried a starwest product, or mountain rose. You're probably better off saving your money.