What's new

Where to order kava to Australia?

JXL

Hi friends,

I’m sure this is not a new topic. Apologies that I don’t have time to do this a better way, or that I’m too stupid to, but this is important to me.

I’ve found that, for whatever reason, my usual suppliers no longer ship to Australia. Who still does? I’m willing to cop a hit on quality. Any users from Oz on here?

I would very much appreciate a reliable steer on this. I’ve had a good look and it ain’t happening. I place an order, go to pay, and invariably I’m shut out by a “We don’t ship to Australia” notice.

Thanks.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
As far as I’ve heard, Kava is illegal in Australia and treated like common street drugs for some crazy reason. I think they approved some non-natural form of kava for medical though. There’s also an allowance of 2kg of root powder per person when returning from traveling abroad. I’ve also heard that Samoan and Tongan churches or Kalapus often have kava for themselves.

I think @the_wilderness is in Australia and is getting a steady flow of kava somehow...maybe they can help you out.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Will shoot you a pm this morning, JXL. I've been shipping direct but after a (minor) customs scare I'm looking at flying over to NZ for the occasional pickup...

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Will shoot you a pm this morning, JXL. I have mostly been shipping direct but after a (minor) customs scare I'm looking at flying over to NZ for the occasional pickup...
fly to vanuatu instead, then you can drink proper fresh kava in port vila before coming back with some dry powder in tow.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Yea, Vanuatu is fantastic and always a good option to experience kava, but it's usually much cheaper to fly to NZ and there are more flights available. Plus it would be a shorter flight for those who live in MLB.
yuh, as a lady I'm not sure how it would go down in the nakamals, either...

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Urban nakamals are usually cool with ladies.

Just like Australian mining, Australian kava operates on the Fly In, Fly Out principle. Ask everybody you know who's returning from Fiji and Vanuatu to carry the maximum allowed amount back with them.

Two kilos at a time, we can help Australia get grog.

Crunked

Proselytizer
Kava can only be legally imported into Australia if done in person, to a maximum of 2kg per adult (unless you have a government permit and you can fuggeddaboutthat). Overseas suppliers risk having their package consignment confiscated.