What's new

Which Kava should I try next from my stash as we await restocking?

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
I'm starting to panic! I need Melo Melo and Borongoru (micro and ground). KWK is my favorite and works the best for me but even BKH is out of Melo Melo. I should have snatched up more of a back up supply while they still had it. I have loads of Kava, completely unopened. I prefer Vanuatuan kava to Fijian (taste and effect). Fijian tends to make me nauseous. I use kava for its heavy effects, not heady, which is what I have left. What would any of you recommend? I have BKH Nambawan, 11 yr, etc (all varieties- white sand, black sand?). I have Kava Time's bricks of all kinds, except Ra's. Almost all varieties from ROH, etc. Name it, I probably have it unopened. I just kept buying Melo Melo for day (keeps me calm, as a daily drinker but not out cold or nauseous) and a cup of Borongoru at night with micro Borongoru in my tea. I do this every day. Any advice of what I can try to substitute, in the meantime, would be great as I am afraid to try the heady ones and end up sick. Thanks so much. Bula! Here's to hoping the shipments start coming in and that the KWK family has had time to grieve the loss of an amazing man, in the kava world as I'm sure he was in personal life as well.
Peace.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I'm starting to panic! I need Melo Melo and Borongoru (micro and ground). KWK is my favorite and works the best for me but even BKH is out of Melo Melo. I should have snatched up more of a back up supply while they still had it. I have loads of Kava, completely unopened. I prefer Vanuatuan kava to Fijian (taste and effect). Fijian tends to make me nauseous. I use kava for its heavy effects, not heady, which is what I have left. What would any of you recommend? I have BKH Nambawan, 11 yr, etc (all varieties- white sand, black sand?). I have Kava Time's bricks of all kinds, except Ra's. Almost all varieties from ROH, etc. Name it, I probably have it unopened. I just kept buying Melo Melo for day (keeps me calm, as a daily drinker but not out cold or nauseous) and a cup of Borongoru at night with micro Borongoru in my tea. I do this every day. Any advice of what I can try to substitute, in the meantime, would be great as I am afraid to try the heady ones and end up sick. Thanks so much. Bula! Here's to hoping the shipments start coming in and that the KWK family has had time to grieve the loss of an amazing man, in the kava world as I'm sure he was in personal life as well.
Peace.
BKH Nambawan is far from heady, it may seem so with the first shell but it gets progressively stronger as you go into it. I consider it a heavy/sedating kava, leaning towards sedative. Another excellent choice is KT Kadavu, I have a pound on the way and that is one of the best heavier Fijians I've had.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
BKH Nambawan is far from heady, it may seem so with the first shell but it gets progressively stronger as you go into it. I consider it a heavy/sedating kava, leaning towards sedative. Another excellent choice is KT Kadavu, I have a pound on the way and that is one of the best heavier Fijians I've had.
Thank you! I have both in my cupboard. So, maybe weak Nambawan for day time and a stronger cup of Kadavu at night? Normal routine: Melo Melo with ice/slpash of Borongoru and full strength one cup borongoru at night. I am an all day, daily drinker (much like yourself!).

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Thank you! I have both in my cupboard. So, maybe weak Nambawan for day time and a stronger cup of Kadavu at night? Normal routine: Melo Melo with ice/slpash of Borongoru and full strength one cup borongoru at night. I am an all day, daily drinker (much like yourself!).
I think that's a good plan. White Sand is another daytimer for me but be careful, it also catches up to you.