What's new

which strain gives you a head high, like alcohol

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi there,

im looking for which one of these two gives you a head high, similar to alcohol.

Waka
https://kalmwithkava.com/shop/fiji-loa-waka-kava/

Borongoru
https://kalmwithkava.com/shop/fresh-vanuatu-kava-root/

many thanks
I know what you're looking for, and the good news is that any quality kava will give you the feeling just to different degrees.

You'll be wanting to go for a sedating kava. I suggest sampling Kava Supreme from Kavafied, but if you've already ordered, the Loa Waka is good too for this purpose. Borongoru is a good "end of day" kava that won't exactly ring your bell every day (and priced accordingly). Probably a good kava to go for when you've eased your way into drinking kava on a regular basis.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
LW out of these two. However, I do find the Loa Waka more unpredictable than other kavas. When it's good, it's really good, one of the best I've tried. But at the moment I'm going through a patch where I get no effect at all from it (gone through nearly a kilo trying to break through mini-RT). I haven't had a kava that worked well for me before behave like that, but then I have some funky brain chemistry from too many years on meds.

Bitter Pill

Kava Curious
If recovering from alcoholism then I'd recommend flashing the acohol form your system so you can really appreciate the effects of kava. You may not be, but that was the situation I was in. Borongoru would probably be more relaxing, but I feel quite hyped up if I drink 20g in quick succession. Still an anxiolytic, but also very stimulating. You also need to be patient for the reverse tolerance to fake affect. Chewing the root might be most effective for this. You could add a load of powder to some chewing gum or buy some lose cut made for chewing. I used to buy kava chew on eBay, but it's no longer available. Though the chew was probably what's helped the most in terms of reverse tolerance.

It would also probably be a mistake to treat kava like alcohol. It's got similarities, but it's a plant all of it's own. Alcohol is a single drug that is quite destructive, kava is combination of various drugs, some of them with similarities to alcohol, but also some with similarities to caffeine and THC

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
To make kava feel like an alcohol high, simmer your kava in a pot of 150 proof liquor for 10 minutes, stir gently and throw all of it down the garbage disposal. Open another bottle of liquor, drink it and you'll feel an alcohol head high. ::awesomesmiles::

j/k, in reality, kava can only replicate the effects of alcohol to a point. The initial transition from being sober to feeling your first shell or two kick in, from a sufficiently strong batch of kava can feel somewhat similar to the 'head high' of having one or two alcohol drinks. On the other end of things, too much kava, especially "heavy" strains, can cause sloppy motor function that can be similar to being shit-faced drunk, but mentally you are much more present and aware than you would be with the equivalent loss of motor function from booze.

There is no kava that makes you wild, carefree/careless, loud and unaware the way alcohol can do.

But to more directly answer your question, between Kalm's Loa Waka & Borongoru, in my experience Loa Waka was more potent and had a wider spectrum of effects...which I might say is more alcohol-like(?)...and Borongoru is a bit lighter/mild and more 'head-high'-centric, though with a large enough dose it can overtake you in it's own pleasant way, which might be what you're looking for since you specifically mentioned headiness.

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
for me solomons kava by nakalahome is going to give your head a great eouphoric feeling it wont be the same as alsohol but ounce you relax and wait for that feeling you will not think about booze make sure your stomach is empty i wait 4 hours i drank alcohol for years and still like a drink however at this time kava replaces that and im happy