What's new

Who drinks kava in the middle of the day....

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
....(or morning)?

I've been dealing with I'd say a lot more stress than I normally do. To top that off I've been dealing with more than the normal amount of pain I'm my back and knees. This has impacted my sleep of course and I feel pretty crappy! I'm self a employed contractor. I work on my pretty involved equipment and talk to customers almost every day but I have to take days off from work because of pain etc. I need my kava to work good at night to sleep which has been bad lately. I probably need to up my amounts. But will adding an additional kava session to my day dull my 9:00 pm session. Off course I've had 2-3 sessions in a day and it was great but here it 10:45 I'm laying in bed so tired and pain wondering if I should mix up a few shells?

Btw I'm all for mid day weekend kava sessions. I enjoy them almost more than my night time snooze fests

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I think there is a huge distinction between drinking some kava (in mild doses it is a general tonic and a health beverage, after all, not a "party drug") and having a sesh.

fwiw the only time I won't drink kava is the hour before I go to bed and the 8 hours that I'm asleep, so there is that 9 hour stretch in my 24 hour cycle where kava is off-limits. But otherwise, any time is the right time.

I limit my krunkin to the evening, at least during the week. If I have been drinking kava before a krunk sesh I go a little light on my krunk dose as there is a cumulative effect from the kava I've had during the day before the sesh starts.

But I can quite happily drink a 6TBS/1L jar of drinkin kava spread out through my work day and then have a krunk sesh (4 - 8 TBS spread over several hours) in the evenings. Makes for a nice day. Wouldn't want to do that every day, but I could happily do that one or two days a week, easy.

Hope this helps....

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Yep, totally with Krunkface on this one. Therapy Kava is either a spoonful of micronized or some Kava candies. I only knead Kava when I am doing sessions. If I do a session of Kava, I pretty much write off the rest of the day for relaxation, socializing, or creativity.

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
No I don't think so. I just finished my last lb,....unless maybe I still have an other one stashed away? I know I got a bunch when they were doing their going out biz sale. To bad! I never got to try his micro. I gave away most of it for gifts. I found it to be existent day time root

D

Deleted User01

I'll gulp down a Dixie cup of micronized at 3pm. That's when my energy level is the lowest and I don't feel like doing squat. It's almost like a mini-depression. The heady kava jump starts my motivation and kick starts my give-a-shitter so I can end the day on a high note. At 5, I cap it off with a dose of Nene or something that is not heady. Then like today, I wake up singing "They call me Mellow Yellow, dat's right slick ....". Since I always take a short nap after lunch, I'm very much afraid to do kava in the morning.

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
I've started having a few TBSPs of lawena (Squanch or Taveuni from kava time) in the mornings a few days a week. On these days, I notice my evening session feeling muted or maybe just not quite getting the effects I'm used to or looking for. Any other day imbibers have this or does the kava consistently build up for you for a better evening sesh?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've started having a few TBSPs of lawena (Squanch or Taveuni from kava time) in the mornings a few days a week. On these days, I notice my evening session feeling muted or maybe just not quite getting the effects I'm used to or looking for. Any other day imbibers have this or does the kava consistently build up for you for a better evening sesh?
Daytime is tricky in finding the right balance of root to match w/e the activity is.

If it's a work day and I happen to be up 2 hours before work, I'll do a double aluball of Lawena knowing that by the time I get to work, I'll be relaxed but not krunked. I do love waking and krunking the morning away, specially this time of year, but I only do it if I am off for the day.

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
Very frustrating morning/afternoon has me two tbs in on krunky land. Nice thing is I totally missed lunch because of what I was working on so it's hitting me hard! Numb face, heavy body, less....much less stress. All most feel normal

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
I have a tspn of kava in the morning before I go to work and then a Kava Candy about every 3 hours after to get through the day. Sometimes, I will freeze a water bottle with kava and sip as it melts throughout the day in place of the candies. It helps my body pain and keeps me relaxed.

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
After almost a week off my mountain bike with min 90s temps and being away from home, we get perfect weather for riding high 60s, sunny, nice and breezy, no bugs.....but I must have strained my knee last night some time. It woke up around 4 this morning throbbing. I tried to roll it out, stretching but no buena, it's feeling worse now. My wife just left for a ride so I just mixed up two tbs of 11 year micro and kick on some Queens of the Stone Age. Guess I'll be krunk for the rest of the day :/

Last edited:

Honolulusurfer88

Kava Curious
I'll gulp down a Dixie cup of micronized at 3pm. That's when my energy level is the lowest and I don't feel like doing squat. It's almost like a mini-depression. The heady kava jump starts my motivation and kick starts my give-a-shitter so I can end the day on a high note. At 5, I cap it off with a dose of Nene or something that is not heady. Then like today, I wake up singing "They call me Mellow Yellow, dat's right slick ....". Since I always take a short nap after lunch, I'm very much afraid to do kava in the morning.
You know, I am curious to try this. Would you mind sharing what kava you use around 3pm? I only ever drink kava in the evening, but my wife is a big all-day drinker. She swears by it for during the day. I have a hard time as seeing kava as anything but a nice night cap but am trying to break that line of thinking. I only think this way because it is just how I've always had my kava: a few shells for evening reflection before sleep. But I think for fun I would like do this dixie cup at 3pm experiment, too! ::shell::(y)

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
I think I depends what your trying to do, during a bike ride the other day I had two kava candies. I was riding with a friend that was a lot slower and we were riding some where I don't really like riding. So two candies were enough to light my mood and just go with the flow. Yesterday I really wanted to get myself out of a funk and have some help with the pain I was having in my knee, the bula house 11 year micro at two tbs was perfect. Even strains that tend to be a bit heavy in smaller amounts spread out over time are fine during the day. I do want to keep finding strains that are good for riding bikes or running. I think the biggest hurdle is staying hydrated