What's new

Who part takes in the morning?

Mitiburn

Kava Curious
Ive been drinking a strong shell in the morning before work lately to start my day right. I also bring another shell for during work if it's too stressful. Idk if I'm taking kava too far but it helps tremendously. I was wondering who here starts drinking kava in the morning too and what strain/kind do you start with?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I have on occasion, for various reasons, but it doesn't typically fit or work well with my daily activities. I like to use kava at the end of my busy, crazy, run-run-run, day to unwind.

pallasathena1969

Kava Curious
I just had a shell and it’s 9 am here. I work from the home (I’m a freelance artist) and I tend to have anxiety in the morning. I’m still very new to kava so I’m taking it slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pallasathena1969

Kava Curious
I just had a shell and it’s 9 am here. I work from the home (I’m a freelance artist) and I tend to have anxiety in the morning. I’m still very new to kava so I’m taking it slow.

I forgot to mention I’m using Kavafied Supreme. It’s the only one I’ve tried so far.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I forgot to mention I’m using Kavafied Supreme. It’s the only one I’ve tried so far.

Nothing wrong with Supreme but most tend to use it late at night for total relaxation. If it works for you that’s awesome! I’d recommend making your next purchase a heady type. While I believe it’s fairly uncommon some have felt slight anxiety from headier strains so if you do try one just start slowly. Again I stress to my knowledge it’s not a common predicament but just be mindful. All Kava’s ease my mind but do so kinda differently.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I don’t drink Kava in the morning unless I’m not working then I very well will partake. Having a fairly physical career with Kava relaxation mixed in doesn’t exactly help my motivation. Although I break my give a damn with a session after work on a daily basis :happy:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Ive been drinking a strong shell in the morning before work lately to start my day right. I also bring another shell for during work if it's too stressful. Idk if I'm taking kava too far but it helps tremendously. I was wondering who here starts drinking kava in the morning too and what strain/kind do you start with?
I do that every day. It's a "lifestyle alternative." Earlier on I usually go with lighter and/or headier and/or low KL kavas, and flavour is usually a greater consideration - I want something that tastes great and not too heavy. If I drink hardier stuff I usually make it weak.

WaltonGroggins

a.k.a. "Kount Grogula"
I frequently have 2tsp of instant Pouni Ono in the morning.
Heady kava has replaced my morning coffee. I still have coffee, but I no longer feel the compulsion to drink it daily.

I also use micro Mahakea during the day, sometimes 1:1 with Pouni Ono (1-2tsp of each).

I made my first batch of Kumakua last night. It's my day off so I plan to drink it throughout the day (I normally reserve grog sessions for after work).

pallasathena1969

Kava Curious
Nothing wrong with Supreme but most tend to use it late at night for total relaxation. If it works for you that’s awesome! I’d recommend making your next purchase a heady type. While I believe it’s fairly uncommon some have felt slight anxiety from headier strains so if you do try one just start slowly. Again I stress to my knowledge it’s not a common predicament but just be mindful. All Kava’s ease my mind but do so kinda differently.
I believe my next purchase will be a heady type. I’m amazed at all the different varieties. It’s a steep learning curve, but I predict it will be enjoyable. [emoji16]

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
For a long time I drank kava first thing in the morning but due to changes in to my morning schedule, it has become an inconvenience. Kava is a diuretic and it just doesn't compliment a long car ride. I often have some by midday or early evening though.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've noticed a trend that people new to kava will tend to hit that morning grog more consistently than those who have been drinking for years. Something about the routine eventually settles in on the afternoon/evening time like the islanders do.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Ive had Nene firs tthing and been on my feet 12 hours. Back home here, ive had it in the morning then worked, and even had some before a bike ride. Im sure the effect of a sedating heavy kava will be very different to an anxiety disorder sufferer as opposed to somone without.

Simply put, it takes a lot to sedate me, and very little to stimulate me. Anything with any heady at all give me some anxiety. Buntthen so does coffee, tea, cola etc.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I do. I use kava to take the edge off anxiety, bipolar and even suicidal ideation. So I find if I take it about 11am, when I'm naturally beginning my 'descent', then it will help me get through the day with more optimism. If I'm crashing again later in the day, I'll have another round, but usually there are physical repercussions from that...my body doesn't like a second session so much.