What's new

Why do you choose micro or instant when root powder is way better ?

Pink

Kava Curious
Now i see most topics where people use instant or micro kava-now i myself went on instant to first try it,but very fast made switch to powder instead,since im no maths genius but instant or micro is at least 3/1 when it comes to price,as basically for good killo of instand one could buy same quality 3kgs that would last for months to come.

Now to come out of closet :giggle: why i would use instant or micro any-day is because of its stealth preparation mix it in and have a nice day ::happyshell::
But there is another reason,example im making a brew with a full bag of powder sitting and suddenly someone comes in onto me,in this example lets say family member.Now they notice brown bag that looks for them like your watched to much of breaking bad ::awesomesmiles:: and stuff is clearly dodgy.Now in this situation one could try to explain what kava kava is and no it wont kill you,you use it to relax etc ::aintthatnicez::.Now this could go either way if person undestands you they might say hey pour me some :smuggrin:,but most likely what they will do is use google and type in kava kava,and results are terrible-search will show that its banned as a drug,has caused liver damage and what not and is illegal,depending where you live,throwing away any info that its completely opposite,or what good properties kava carries and how beneficial it is.

Now thats why i have to choose timing and be discreet when making my kava brew as silly as it may sound.
So whats your reason ::indeedsir:: ?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I like the convenience of instant. I can't tolerate micro so that is out. I do prefer root powder normally.

I actually visited family recently, met up with @HeadHodge to have a few shells, and ended up explaining it to a lot of people. You'd be surprised how tolerant people are as long as it's legal. We could debate the merits of THAT, but anyway no one was worried about me drinking tons of it.

blindy107

Kava Lover
For me the micro is more for speed and convenience. I can use a quick scoop in a plastic bottle of juice. Shake it while I warm up the car and have a beverage for when I get to work.

It does cost more but it takes much less product for the same effect. I use about 1/2 cup of root powder for a batch and about 2 tbsp of micronized for the same effect.

I don't hide it from anyone but I see the benefit. Just make sure you don't use a clear bottle.... The dirt brown color brings questions. ::awesomesmiles::

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
For those late nights when I just don't feel like I have the 20+mins to strain and clean up, I use instant -- pay for the convenience. I do prefer powder though.

Pink

Kava Curious
pay for the convenience-i can totally agree to this and blindy as well, in one way its like making your own coffee in the morning or getting in somewhere else where you overpay at least few times if not more depending on what beverage you like ;)
Think i needed to work on naming topic,do you feel any pressure using kava and sharing that you do it,with your spouse parents friends etc,and how do you explain it to them,or do people just keep it to themsleves,as i for sure do :)
its like trying to explain someone who never had issues with anxiety or substances that sometimes you need something to help you,while most common answer is,Oh look your just depressed or it will pass :facepalm:

blindy107

Kava Lover
I just relate it to melatonin or 5HtP supplements if they don't know what it is. If they start prying more I say "I started with the supplement form like you would find at vitamin store or something similar. Then I read about the traditional preparation done by Pacific Islanders for millennia and now I do the same!"

Living in seattle I have the benefit of being amongst people that get a hardon for the "citizen of the world" bit. Saying I do something traditionally the way it has been done for thousands of years usually convinces people more than the anti-anxiety angle. Hahah

You could sell Seattleites your own pee and label it as organic, natural urine from the rare Tasmanian devil, used for centuries as a cure for seasonal affective disorder and retire in 5 years...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
pay for the convenience-i can totally agree to this and blindy as well, in one way its like making your own coffee in the morning or getting in somewhere else where you overpay at least few times if not more depending on what beverage you like ;)
Think i needed to work on naming topic,do you feel any pressure using kava and sharing that you do it,with your spouse parents friends etc,and how do you explain it to them,or do people just keep it to themsleves,as i for sure do :)
its like trying to explain someone who never had issues with anxiety or substances that sometimes you need something to help you,while most common answer is,Oh look your just depressed or it will pass :facepalm:
Your spouse doesn't know you consume kava? :wideyed: My wifey is telepathic. There is no way I could hide that from her. Even if I'm watching something sexy (but tame) on TV, she can sense I'm enjoying it and starts railing on me. :(

I don't hide it at all, but if there is someone I don't care whether they need to know or not, I just tell them it's protein powder for my diet. That has worked 100% of the time.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Your spouse doesn't know you consume kava? :wideyed: My wifey is telepathic. There is no way I could hide that from her. Even if I'm watching something sexy (but tame) on TV, she can sense I'm enjoying it and starts railing on me. :(

I don't hide it at all, but if there is someone I don't care whether they need to know or not, I just tell them it's protein powder for my diet. That has worked 100% of the time.
Haha my girl is EXACTLY the same. Anything on my mind, in my body and she knows instantly.

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Convenience is the only reason I use micro, and I don't know that I'll ever buy instant again unless I'm trying to convert someone who's afraid of kava.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yes, I also order micro, for convenience. But also If I want to make a nice foo foo drink. Its easer to mask the taste of micro. But for the most part, I prefer medium grind, root powder. Much Love, Roaddog....

Pink

Kava Curious
I like when people express their thinking in professional matter,must be my first forum ever where healthy discussions can be held,and everyone's opinion respected.

I dont have nothing against instant,nor powder kava,and believe that many people in my family would benefit from it,instead of grabbing can of beer to relax and take their mind of daily troubles,that would become way easier to overcome.

I just thought that with price comparison 10-15 minutes is worth that extra work for your buck.
Since from replies i got here i see that most aren't to bothered with use of it and letting their loved ones know it.As for me im in a different circle as said before i wouldn't be able to explain people why is it better,since information is very misleading when it comes to internet,thats why i tend to keep it to myself,shame really,but maybe its better for people to find out for themselves between whats good and does no harm and whats evil yet praised all over movies encouraging people to think that alcohol,MJ,benzos are only way people can deal with daily stress and issues,or just relax in harmless way.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I like when people express their thinking in professional matter,must be my first forum ever where healthy discussions can be held,and everyone's opinion respected.
Yes, the Kava forums are the most layed back forum ever. I guess because we are all on kava.:sneaky: That, and we have such cool members. Also all the Administrators, kick ass, and are the most helpful, compassionate folks you could ever find. The Kava Forums, are unique, that's for sure. Got to love it. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
For me the micro is more for speed and convenience. I can use a quick scoop in a plastic bottle of juice. Shake it while I warm up the car and have a beverage for when I get to work.

It does cost more but it takes much less product for the same effect. I use about 1/2 cup of root powder for a batch and about 2 tbsp of micronized for the same effect.

I don't hide it from anyone but I see the benefit. Just make sure you don't use a clear bottle.... The dirt brown color brings questions. ::awesomesmiles::
You know, I just don't seem to get the same effects from micro, just using a couple of scoops. I guess that's why I mainly stick to ground root. But Im sure glad you get those results. For instance, a pound of Mahakea, lasts me much longer than a half a pound of the Mahakea micro. Maybe its just me, Im kind of weird. Anyway, you know the routine;), Much love. Roaddog....

blindy107

Kava Lover
You know, I just don't seem to get the same effects from micro, just using a couple of scoops. I guess that's why I mainly stick to ground root. But Im sure glad you get those results. For instance, a pound of Mahakea, lasts me much longer than a half a pound of the Mahakea micro. Maybe its just me, Im kind of weird. Anyway, you know the routine;), Much love. Roaddog....
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Actually I prefer micro for the ability to use less water or liquid as well. With dried root you need a fair amount of liquid to soak and knead in. Then I feel it's pretty mandatory to do a second wash or even third depending on how slimy your rootballs feel :ROFLMAO:

With micro you can use almost no liquid if you like that paste. Or a little more for a kava syrup so to speak. Or even more if you just wanna dip shells.

Flexibility is the key. I love having potent grog that doesn't fill me up and make me bloated with 6 cups of water.