What's new

Why do you take time off?

S

Summer

If and when you have a day/days off kava, do you generally do so because you take something else (alcohol) or do you just take a break (dermo relief, general wellness, etc)?

D

Deleted User01

I would say that I might take time off if I start feeling a little groggy or dingy. Kava is a strong botanical after all. But in practice, I just end up doing less. Case in point, I was feeling worn out yesterday so I only took 1 tablespoon of micronized. I still slept very deeply and only got up once to go to the bathroom. So I think I will take only 1 tablespoon of micronized again tonite because I feel tired again. It might be the damn allergies plus work has been stressful as of late. I also have a big Wedding with alcohol coming up and I think it is wise to keep the Kavalactones in the bloodstream at a minimum if a big drinking day is in your immediate future. That is just from my past experience ... I didn't read it in a book.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
1) Because I run out of kava.
2) dermo relief
3) because I'll be in an alcohol appropriate situation
4) because the previous night's kava experience went awry.
Same as this, minus #3, I don't drink alcohol (anymore)

D

Deleted User01

As far as effectiveness, I feel that it becomes more and more effective for me as time goes on. That's why I can get by with 1 tablespoon. But everyone's chemotype is different. Kava seems to bond right into all the right receptors in my body and I can tell it's there to stay because the X Rays show tiny tents all over my body. Yup, they pitched tents and intend to say awhile.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Lately I've only been going through a pound or two a month, just drinking my way through the kava for a few days and then stopping well before I get dermopathy.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Lately I've only been going through a pound or two a month, just drinking my way through the kava for a few days and then stopping well before I get dermopathy.
I used to think I was impervious to this...not so much anymore.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I decided to give low dose edible mj a try for my chronic headache relief so kava splits the duty with a slight nod to kava use at probably 60-70% of days being my choice. I used to drink it much more often in the morning as well but since finding Yerba I have cut down on that practice.

Also when I'm having trouble formulating sentences as I am now from too much Fijian. Signals break time.

KavaKitty

Meaow
Welp, I really just started using kava, so I can't say that I've taken "time off," except for the very end of last month when I ran out of both kava and money. But I would imagine that taking a break every now and then, and hydrating your body, would probably be good for your overall health, although I doubt that the Sacred Root is really bad for you in the same sense as, say, alcohol or pharmaceuticals.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I probably drink kava 3-4 days a week and use larger quantities than most people. I've only taken time off when my skin started to shed like snow, and when my tears got foggy (vision gets ever so slightly more foggy between blinks... very weird). Neither has happened often.