What's new

Why is there alcohol in the kWK concentrate?

Asmrtica

Kava Curious
Hi y'all, I was checking out the the Kalm with Kava website and they have alcohol in their concentrate...what's the deal with that? Isn't it bad to mix alcohol with kava?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I believe that would be a trace amount in the herbal extracts that are used to flavour the drink. Probably less than the natural alcohol found in a Coca Cola or an orange.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
There is not enough alcohol in the concentrate to be a health issue... though if you're in recovery I would not recommend the concentrate.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Tinctures have been found in clinical trials to not aggravate alcoholism however I think it's up to a person to decide.. if you can't drink kombucha after being an alcoholic I would avoid Tinctures unless they are under 30% alcohol .. which in my opinion all kava based should be at least under 50 for glutathione extraction...

In fact I've been considering trying this herbal tincture method with kava ... take an ounce of root and then make a strong hot tea with little water and let that boil for a little while . Then add 80 or so proof alcohol to 1 to 1 it out .. so it comes out between 30 and 50 percent alcohol and you really got the water stuff before hand .
This is believe would be a safe tincture for anyone and liver safe.