What's new

Why Kava Candy is quietly invading your workplace

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
I have never tried kava candy because of RT. However, I took a friend for his first kava bar visit and he seemed to feel pretty good. He has sleep issues and airplane anxiety, even though he has been to fifty countries. I recommended this candy to him and he is going to get back to me about it... and maybe he will let me waste a piece to try for the taste.
I may have actually gotten over my RT last night (actually early this morning) by using a piece of Kava Candy. I had taken 3 Gaia capsules before dinner, and not only was I not feeling much from them, they weren't helping me sleep. At about 2 am I decided to try a Kava Candy and I actually started feeling a nice tingling sensation over my entire body, starting from the top and going down. I still wasn't asleep, but didn't mind because I was actually enjoying this new sensation. But then suddenly my alarm went off and it was 6:30. :)
So is the sensation I described what kava is supposed to feel like?

verticity

I'm interested in things
I may have actually gotten over my RT last night (actually early this morning) by using a piece of Kava Candy. I had taken 3 Gaia capsules before dinner, and not only was I not feeling much from them, they weren't helping me sleep. At about 2 am I decided to try a Kava Candy and I actually started feeling a nice tingling sensation over my entire body, starting from the top and going down. I still wasn't asleep, but didn't mind because I was actually enjoying this new sensation. But then suddenly my alarm went off and it was 6:30. :)
So is the sensation I described what kava is supposed to feel like?
I do sometimes get a pleasant tingling sensation. It's not the whole experience you might get at higher doses, but can be a part of it.. But you need to get some sleep..

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
I do sometimes get a pleasant tingling sensation. It's not the whole experience you might get at higher doses, but can be a part of it.. But you need to get some sleep..
Yeah, the intention of taking the Kava Candy was to get me in that direction, and it seems to have worked.
I'm not sure what the best way is to get sleep anymore, though. The kava capsules were doing it for me the first couple of weeks. They aren't so much anymore. Maybe I need to start taking more than 3. I've actually ordered some Boroguru from GHK, but still waiting for it. And I've found that since I started taking the kava, none of my old tricks work anymore (melatonin, herbal tea, and antihistamines). I do have some temazepam that I used to use when desperate, but I'm afraid of using it now that I've been using kava, and it didn't always work, either.
The Kava Candy seems to have at least relaxed me enough each time I've taken it that I've eventually fallen asleep (probably in conjunction with whatever else I'd already taken each time).

Last edited:

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Im prescribed trazadone to sleep but i rarely use it because its a very unnatural sleep and the morning grogginess is horrible. Before I found the magic of kava I got in the habit of trying to go to sleep much later in the evening. Instead of trying to sleep at 10 and toss and turning till 1am. I will go to bed at 1 or 2 am and hit the pillow and sleep like a rock. Its always helped nip the bud to any racing thoughts or replaying your day in your head etc. This may not work for everyone though, because im the type of person that will be in a better mood with 5 hours of sleep rather than 8 hours.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
And kava candy is EXCELLENT for helping you sleep. I love it for its sublingual route of effects. If I just ate a large dinner an hour ago, and im trying to unwind before bed, Boom ! Kava candy.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah, the intention of taking the Kava Candy was to get me in that direction, and it seems to have worked.
I'm not sure what the best way is to get sleep anymore, though. The kava capsules were doing it for me the first couple of weeks. They aren't so much anymore. Maybe I need to start taking more than 3. I've actually ordered some Boroguru from GHK, but still waiting for it. And I've found that since I started taking the kava, none of my old tricks work anymore (melatonin, herbal tea, and antihistamines). I do have some temazepam that I used to use when desperate, but I'm afraid of using it now that I've been using kava, and it didn't always work, either.
The Kava Candy seems to have at least relaxed me enough each time I've taken it that I've eventually fallen asleep (probably in conjunction with whatever else I'd already taken each time).
Doxepine is good for sleep, and non addictive, but you'll need a prescription.

For me what helps immensely is just keeping a regular schedule: get up at the same time every day. No naps. Do you drink a lot of coffee or take other stimulants by any chance? Temazepam is a benzo, and could amplify the effects of kava, but I don't recommend that class of drugs for anyone because of the possibility of dependence, and my bad personal experiences with them in the past.

Oh, and remember the best time for kava is before dinner, not right before bed. (Sorry if I am sounding like a broken record...)

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
Doxepine is good for sleep, and non addictive, but you'll need a prescription.

For me what helps immensely is just keeping a regular schedule: get up at the same time every day. No naps. Do you drink a lot of coffee or take other stimulants by any chance? Temazepam is a benzo, and could amplify the effects of kava, but I don't recommend that class of drugs for anyone because of the possibility of dependence, and my bad personal experiences with them in the past.

Oh, and remember the best time for kava is before dinner, not right before bed. (Sorry if I am sounding like a broken record...)
Yeah, I really don't like taking temazepam. I've only been using it once or twice a year when I get really desperate. The bottle expired several years ago, but I have a good friend that's a pharmacist that told me it's fine to keep taking it as long as it still works.

I don't drink coffee at all. I used to drink a lot of energy drinks and soda, but now do so very rarely I had an energy drink this morning because I've averaged 4 hours of sleep a night this week and it was an important day at work. But it had been months since the last time. I gave up caffeine because I was using it way too much and figured it wasn't helping my anxiety or insomnia.

I've been taking the kava capsules before dinner, which is about 4 hours before I try going to bed. Tonight I worked late and had a late dinner and didn't get a chance to take anything, so I may try valerian again tonight. I used to take it, but stopped when I woke up with (temporary, fortunately) blurry vision one morning.

verticity

I'm interested in things
...so I may try valerian again tonight. I used to take it, but stopped when I woke up with (temporary, fortunately) blurry vision one morning.
That's peculiar that valerian would give you blurry vision. For me it did pretty much nothing. I would venture the valerian probably did not cause your blurry vision--maybe just not enough sleep? But it should be very harmless, if it works for you.

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
That's peculiar that valerian would give you blurry vision. For me it did pretty much nothing. I would venture the valerian probably did not cause your blurry vision--maybe just not enough sleep? But it should be very harmless, if it works for you.
It's actually a known side affect after long-term use.