What's new

Worst thing you have combined your kava with

violet

Do all things with love
I guess I should amend my previous comment to define that kava in the forms of ground root, micronized, and instant all taste worse to me when combined with a mixer or each other.

D

Deleted User01

When I have instant or micronized in Ginger Ale or some other mixer, I don't taste the Kava. I can sip on them. I couldn't sip on a glass of water with Kava though. Even club soda and lime makes it better for me. So, if you have sensitive taste buds, you are doomed to GWP. (Gulp, Wash Mouth, Pray it stays down). :LOL:

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I have come to appreciate the subtle nuances among various GHKs, I find upon occasion when bottles get mixed in the fridge I can tell one cultivar to another from taste

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Quote removed due to privacy request
Ok, Deleted User, the "I like the taste" comment is like a running joke around here. :ROFLMAO: Infraredz says he likes the taste. I don't like the taste. Are you kidding or not?
Smile when you say that. :D
@Noueky, the GHK Kavas can be less distasteful. Some of the lighter Kavas like Papa Kea and Nene are way easier to drink. Some of the darker ones are not. Hiwa is very potent and dark colored and it tastes like rubber tires to me. But that doesn't keep me from drinking it. Just use grape juice. :rolleyes: I think the darker the Kava the worse it tastes. That's my experience. Full disclosure, since the advent of all the Noble Micronized and Instant Kavas from GHK, I have become a Kava Wussy. I can't tell you the last time I had traditional Grog.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Ok, Deleted User, the "I like the taste" comment is like a running joke around here. :ROFLMAO: Infraredz says he likes the taste. I don't like the taste. Are you kidding or not?
Smile when you say that. :D
@Noueky, the GHK Kavas can be less distasteful. Some of the lighter Kavas like Papa Kea and Nene are way easier to drink. Some of the darker ones are not. Hiwa is very potent and dark colored and it tastes like rubber tires to me. But that doesn't keep me from drinking it. Just use grape juice. :rolleyes: I think the darker the Kava the worse it tastes. That's my experience. Full disclosure, since the advent of all the Noble Micronized and Instant Kavas from GHK, I have become a Kava Wussy. I can't tell you the last time I had traditional Grog.
I've not had Hiwa, there are some which are simply awful though, like stone

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hiwa from GHK was deceiving for me. It smelled as "rubbery" as stone, but was far weaker stone in terms of strength.

D

Deleted User01

Kapm, Hiwa is pretty strong for a "non-blended" Kava or Noble Kava. One thing I did notice about Hiwa, my dreams were Warner Brother Productions. I woke up with a "sore jaw" the next day. Nene gives me what I call "black sleep". Maybe we should start a thread about what Kava gives you crazy ass dreams.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Very true, Deleted User01. Seeing as stone is a "blended" type kava, I can understand the increased strength.