What's new

Would Jesus drink kava?

D

Deleted User01

OK, getting back to Jesus .... Would he drink kava? He might have done that but I think he would be preaching at you all the time and telling you that you don't need drugs to get high. You can get high on God. But I think he would be like, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" so he could meld in with the natives and customs in an effort to get people to listen to him. For the record, I'm not a religious person but I'm just imagining how and why Jesus would drink Kava.

And Jesus would be right. Ideally, we shouldn't need drugs to be happy but unfortunately, this is not the HappyVille Smiley Face Forum, this is the Kava Forums where many of us have a variety of maladies and weaknesses that make it hard to be happy, happy all day long. But I can say one thing for sure, we not only use Kava around here, we give each other love and encouragement and that is also good medicine. I think Jesus would be happy that the members in the Kava Forums adhere to his principles of reaching out to your fellow man.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I don't think Jesus drank kava because he spent most of his life in the middle east. I don't think he went to the Pacific at all did he?

Whether he would drink kava if given the opportunity I say why wouldn't he? You can picture the last supper now... everyone smiling and looking a little sleepy...

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
In Fiji, the Seventh Day Adventists are pretty strict about kava. It can't be consumed at all.

Officially, the mormons consider the stuff not OK, but generally look the other way in practice... sorta. You can't be too strict if you want to win over converts :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Lol if you can drink alchohol why not kava ? When it comes to spirituality and substances it's about whether it blocks your ability to be relaxed and focused at the same time. A little alchohol works for this. So does a little cannabisioso, so does it for a little kava. It's not the substance but the amount. And if Jesus was aware as it seems he was, he would notice this. Jesus didn't come up with all the crazy rules out there, Christians did. Jesus didn't make church . Christians did. Just like Siddhartha said don't make a statue of me and lo behold 400 years after he died the first statue of Buddha appears. Jesus didn't write the new testement either. Just like Mohammed had no say about the Koran because it was written after he died. The only "religious" book actually written by the person himself was the Tao te ching.. amazing by the way... and I know In my heart Lao tsu would've loved himself some kava, same with Buddha and Jesus and Mohammed... they all would have saw it as the savior from alchohol. As we do. Because behold they were humans :) haha my rant for the day

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
A couple of thoughts. First, Jesus did indeed drink wine. So, all the folk who think alcohol is a sin and must be completely
avoided are calling Jesus a sinner! Not possible. If He condemned alcohol, why did He turn water into wine at Cana?
Thus, alcohol is OK.

Would He drink kava? Very interesting question. He drank wine with others as it was (and is) customary to do so
in various situations (celebrations, etc.). If Jesus were in the South Pacific Island, I would think he'd partake,
in moderation, for the same reason.

I can't say that would be true of any drug however. I can't imagine He'd smoke bud, customary or not, since you can't really do that
and remain "sober". If you don't smoke enough, you pretty much feel nothing... if you feel it, you're stoned. This runs contrary
to "Be sober, vigilant, watchful, ..." Alcohol in moderation doesn't prevent that, but bud would. Kava in moderation
would be fine.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I disagree sir. You can be very alert and conscious after a little bit of cannabis. Ecspecially back in those days before the adulteration of thc . Even with tons of cannabis in your system you can meditate your way out of it. Drink some milk and meditate and you'll find yourself coming to a state of clear relaxed focus.
One example beyond my personal experience and many others is Bob marley who if you pay attention to he is very alert and conscious, he knows consciousness as the source. And smoked Constantly!

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting -- never tried anything like that. Most partakers I've been in company with found MJ to be "digital" -- all off, or all on.
Still sounds like it would take effort to fine one's self back to focus from your description, rather than just
having it naturally in the case of EtOH or Kava in moderation.

Curious -- what's the milk for?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The energetics of cannabis are hot dry light and astringent.. when you have to much you get excessive heat energy and a drying nature that keeps your mind going like crazy and your body gets stressed. The milk is the opposite energetically, being cold moist and heavy. So it balances the effects out. Keeping you hydrated and cooled down mentally and physically.
Traditionally cannabis is prepared in milk, a drink known as Bhang. Which contains milk fresh cannabis and spices usually chai in nature..... A. Calamus also balances cannabis as well energetically as it too is cold moist and heavy.. it's also adaptogenic. You can tell how moist it is when you feel the calamus powder even tho theirs no actual moisture. It's even tough to light !. So when cannabis is properly balanced it is much easier to stay alert... Ecspecially back in the day when cannabis actually was naturally more balanced (higher cbd and terpene levels)