What's new

Would like to introduce myself

Loreck23

Hi to all the noble (pun) kava consumers. Just wanted to introduce my kava ignorant self to this community, as I am sure to be picking some brains for valuable information. I am only on day two of kava (wakacon fiji) and wanted to see how my initial experience stacked up. Began with 2 heaping tbl. To 1 cup water 1 cup almond milk with a pinch of lecithin. Kneaded for 5 min. And chilled for 20 min. Not bad. No nausea, cardboard and dirt taste which isnt a problem since I have consumed a lot of nasty herbs in my quest. Noticed almost immediate mouth numbing and tightness and also a very fast but slight wash of relaxation. Could'nt decide if I was imagining that part. Visuals did seem enhanced and i definitely felt drawn to relaxing music and soft lights. Finished the rest over the next hour and 2nd bowl was tasteless after chilling in fridge. Slept very heavy and very difficult to awaken, which is extremely unusual for me. Otherwise felt pretty good. I was kind of expecting either full reverse tolerence or full effect and not something in between, so my question here is to maintain daily for a bit, up the dose, ease back for a day (i am at trade school so can't have something kick in while in class)? I would like to be able to get to a point where I can dose every other day or 3 or to sip throughout day for anxiety type of thing. I don't take any other meds but was boozing to much which was leaving me zombied for days after and really starting to worry me. Also it seems to me that I should be using headier kava for daytime use? And am very open to suggestions as to vendor and types as I have heard that wakacon is a bit on the weak side. Any expertise would be greatly appreciated and thanks to all the kavasseurs for guiding the less knowledgeable.

schatz

itchin for kava
Welcome and good luck. You are lucky to have found this place, lots of great info. I like you purchased and tried Wakacon at first and found a slight effect right away, I then researched because of the promising effects and found this forum. But next I ordered a more expensive and recommended kava and Kneaded for 40 minutes for two washes and mixed them together and drank, Wow, alittle overkill on the 40 minutes but the results were incredible and at that point I was sold. I started taking kava because I read that it would help with rem sleep disorder, it really has not helped that issue but I found that I enjoyed kava more than alcohol. So it accidentally became my preferred route of relaxation. good luck and try different strains because they effect everybody differently. Some kavas that make others here tired and lethargic give me the opposite effect. And do a really good wash for 20 minutes or so and for sure drink on an empty stomach will help greatly.

Loreck23

Thanks for the great info. Will definitely up the kneading time and include the 2nd wash. Sorry to hear it didnt help with rem sleep. I know how that feels. Was going to suggest passionflower, but checked and found that they syne rgize each other alot, and both are Maoi so tricky stuff. I had alot of success with it, if u take kava off nights might be worth a shot at that time, but tolerence wall hit me within 2 months of daily use. I think ill go for a sample pack next maybe from BKH. Seems to be well liked. Last nights prep was way more pronounced for me and definitely no placebo, apparently fell asleep and within 10 minutes was tossing about obviously in a dream. Woke up immediately on prodding though with no recollection of it. I can already tell that I can avoid stress drinking with kava, and makes it an instant win, coupled with improved sleep, i can see how this could be " they can have my kava when they pry it from...etc". Thanks again for the info and the welcome.

schatz

itchin for kava
Never considered passionflower, will have to research that, thanks. You will really like the BKH strains, I particularly like the FU'U for it gives me a heady functional feeling, your results may vary. Keep at it and you will be rewarded, some of us experience reverse tolerance and it takes a little while. I dont think I did though, I just got better at kneading and now mainly do Aluballs, they are fool proof by the way and you may want to get one. And I also fall asleep within 10 minutes no matter what strain I have used, just wish I could quit acting out my dreams. Most likeley a dopamine deficiency or early dimentia or parkinson symptoms.

Loreck23

Keep seeing great reviews on both the aluball and FU'U. I think I am going to take your advice literally for my next purchase. Hope the dream acting out, goes away, been moaning while asleep and sleeping right though my phone alarm clock. Guess I will have to break out the old trusty adrenaline boosting screechy alarm clock. I think the biggest benefit I am seeing so far is if I do actually wake up during the night, I can have a bit premade in the fridge and just drink a shell (so to speak) and tow hours later still be ok to wake up for school. Really impressive sleep aid so far.

schatz

itchin for kava
The Fu'u really is taking me to that place I enjoy most so far, but everybody is different. The Alubal is easy and fool proof and allows you to really control and dial in your dosing, it also hydrates because you are drinkig more water during kava session. If I traditionally prepare and drink kava I always drink a quart of coconut water after and more water, but with the Alubal I dont seem to need it.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Hi to all the noble (pun) kava consumers. Just wanted to introduce my kava ignorant self to this community, as I am sure to be picking some brains for valuable information. I am only on day two of kava (wakacon fiji) and wanted to see how my initial experience stacked up. Began with 2 heaping tbl. To 1 cup water 1 cup almond milk with a pinch of lecithin. Kneaded for 5 min. And chilled for 20 min. Not bad. No nausea, cardboard and dirt taste which isnt a problem since I have consumed a lot of nasty herbs in my quest. Noticed almost immediate mouth numbing and tightness and also a very fast but slight wash of relaxation. Could'nt decide if I was imagining that part. Visuals did seem enhanced and i definitely felt drawn to relaxing music and soft lights. Finished the rest over the next hour and 2nd bowl was tasteless after chilling in fridge. Slept very heavy and very difficult to awaken, which is extremely unusual for me. Otherwise felt pretty good. I was kind of expecting either full reverse tolerence or full effect and not something in between, so my question here is to maintain daily for a bit, up the dose, ease back for a day (i am at trade school so can't have something kick in while in class)? I would like to be able to get to a point where I can dose every other day or 3 or to sip throughout day for anxiety type of thing. I don't take any other meds but was boozing to much which was leaving me zombied for days after and really starting to worry me. Also it seems to me that I should be using headier kava for daytime use? And am very open to suggestions as to vendor and types as I have heard that wakacon is a bit on the weak side. Any expertise would be greatly appreciated and thanks to all the kavasseurs for guiding the less knowledgeable.
Aloha and welcome to the Kava Forum Tribe