What's new

Xanax or Kava? Going to buy some Kava!!

Yahschild

I just learned of kava when I discovered K@. I was impressed with how well the K@ worked for my pain so thought I'd try ordering some Kava for my anxiety b4 I resort to xanax. I think I'll need to watch some youtube on how to prepare it. Whats an ali ball?

D

Deleted User01

AluBall is used for straining the kava. If you go with instant or micronized, you might not need that. The members can give you help with the AluBall, I don't strain myself.
I will say this about Xanax though. If you take one today, you will need one tomorrow. If you don't take one tomorrow, your nerves will be wrecked and you end up hitting the bottle to relieve your nerves. Oh, when I say "you", I really meant me.:D Kava is not that demanding. The next day you feel mellow but you don't feel compelled to do more ... unless you want to.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I just learned of kava when I discovered K@. I was impressed with how well the K@ worked for my pain so thought I'd try ordering some Kava for my anxiety b4 I resort to xanax. I think I'll need to watch some youtube on how to prepare it. Whats an ali ball?
Good plan, Kava is at least more natural. You'll get plenty of tips on prep. I prefer a blender overall but do use the aluball too. Your best bet is probably to get yourself a small order of a micro or instant, mix and chug type, and see how you get on. The taste is not as nice as root which you mix and strain but it's a good introduction to kava. Maybe consider some of the micros from gourmet Hawaiian Kava, I think they do a Sampler?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
If you can get away with taking kava instead of Xanax you will save yourself the risk of becoming dependent on a drug with some of the most vicious withdrawals known to man. Many people here have horror stories about their prescribed Xanax days... Awful stuff.

Yahschild

Good plan, Kava is at least more natural. You'll get plenty of tips on prep. I prefer a blender overall but do use the aluball too. Your best bet is probably to get yourself a small order of a micro or instant, mix and chug type, and see how you get on. The taste is not as nice as root which you mix and strain but it's a good introduction to kava. Maybe consider some of the micros from gourmet Hawaiian Kava, I think they do a Sampler?
I think I would like to try a kind that I don't have to mix. I'll check out the micro or instant. Do they have the same calming effect?

Yahschild

If you can get away with taking kava instead of Xanax you will save yourself the risk of becoming dependent on a drug with some of the most vicious withdrawals known to man. Many people here have horror stories about their prescribed Xanax days... Awful stuff.
Indeed that's what I want avoid. I'd prefer to give the kava a go b4 resorting to xanax because I couldn't use xanax over the long haul.

Pocketplayer

Kava Curious
PLEASE don't start Xanax especially if you are prone to addiction! I am thinking of the
man I gave a ride home to from a meeting who lost everything...and I mean everything.
His story was so intense I came home and threw my prescription down the toilet. DONE!

There are wise sages in here and good resources...very impressed with this forum thus far.