What's new

Yea got my kava!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2094
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2094

Just got my kava and super excited to try but, I ate right before it was delivered. So should I wait?? Its instant Moi from GHK. Part of me says to try it with food since im new to kava and it might help if i get dizzy. I do have to run to the store and get some groceries and ginger-ale and lime as suggested so that will be at least an hr between eating and kava...

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Getting effects from kava can be difficult when you're new, having food before kava often hinders the experience or makes it completely ineffective.

D

Deleted member 2094

Getting effects from kava can be difficult when you're new, having food before kava often hinders the experience or makes it completely ineffective.
I know and in worried about going through this while bag and getting nothing :( I have been drinking yogi tea kava for the past week. No its not the best and the kavalactone rate is low but its gotta be something right? (That's what I tell myself ) :D

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Echoing off @shakas, we generally recommend at least 4 hours after your last meal before drinking kava. It also depends heavily on exactly what you ate, and how much protein and starch was in your last meal. If I eat a steak 4-6 hours before drinking kava I'm almost guaranteed that I'll experience little to no kava effects.

D

Deleted User01

The Ginger Ale and Kava would be perfect for "Happy Hour". And that is right before supper. See, that's another reason that I don't do Kava at night. If I eat at 6:30, then I can't have kava till 8:30 and by then it's almost bed time. So I do mine before supper. But I can eat lunch at 12:10 and do Kava at 3:00 and it works fine. That's less than 3 hours but I'm a liteweight and Kava always works for me. Course I don't eat steak for lunch like some of the big shots in this forum. :rolleyes: They probably finish it off with Port and Stilton Cheese for desert. :hungry:

D

Deleted member 2094

Echoing off @shakas, we generally recommend at least 4 hours after your last meal before drinking kava. It also depends heavily on exactly what you ate, and how much protein and starch was in your last meal. If I eat a steak 4-6 hours before drinking kava I'm almost guaranteed that I'll experience little to no kava effects.
it was a few slices of pepperoni pizza with cheese :p

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'd say give it at least 2 hours if not three. A little pro-tip with pepperoni pizza, drink your kava first. I know a few others here will back me up, but when you add a nice slice of greasy pizza after kava be sure to put your seat belt on when you get near the couch, cause that sucker is going to trap you there. Pizza turns kava well past 11. :)

D

Deleted member 2094

I'd say give it at least 2 hours if not three. A little pro-tip with pepperoni pizza, drink your kava first. I know a few others here will back me up, but when you add a nice slice of greasy pizza after kava be sure to put your seat belt on when you get near the couch, cause that sucker is going to trap you there. Pizza turns kava well past 11. :)
Well its been 3 hrs but u should I wait and try it tomorrow? Dying to try it now but need to function if it should decide to kick in

D

Deleted member 2094

The Ginger Ale and Kava would be perfect for "Happy Hour". And that is right before supper. See, that's another reason that I don't do Kava at night. If I eat at 6:30, then I can't have kava till 8:30 and by then it's almost bed time. So I do mine before supper. But I can eat lunch at 12:10 and do Kava at 3:00 and it works fine. That's less than 3 hours but I'm a liteweight and Kava always works for me. Course I don't eat steak for lunch like some of the big shots in this forum. :rolleyes: They probably finish it off with Port and Stilton Cheese for desert. :hungry:
Got my ale so what would the magic mix be? How many tblsp or tsp per how many oz of ginger ale? Thx!!

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
I'd say start with a couple of teaspoons. Stir it up real good. Wait for a while - say 15-20 minutes - to see how it affects you.

D

Deleted member 2094

No pressure or anything, Catherine, but we're all dying to know.... :p
Lol aww you guys care :) so far I'm OK. Feel like I drank a beer or two. Throat feels odd like I swallowed Vaseline. I'm hoping some euphoria will kick in soon! Over all though not a bad response to my first time. I ended up going with two tblsp in alot of ginger ale per javamans instructions from another post. The taste leaves something to be desired but I'm hoping to get over it ;)

ta-va

Earth Bound
Sounds like a positive start. Is the Vaseline thing like a numbing or just having drunk something thick and sticky? Keep yourself hydrated. I know the Kava makes my throat, mouth and lips feel dry after downing it.

D

Deleted member 2094

Sounds like a positive start. Is the Vaseline thing like a numbing or just having drunk something thick and sticky? Keep yourself hydrated. I know the Kava makes my throat, mouth and lips feel dry after downing it.
numbing :) I just feel a little drunk although im looking at my kitchen a little differently LOL