What's new

You get krunked on micro... and nobody knows.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Do you go undetected? How much do you mix? I haven't beat RT yet. I am am still drunk and not krunk.

verticity

I'm interested in things
At some point there are externally observable effects.. slurred speech, unsteady gait, etc.

D

Deleted User01

If you consume a reasonable amount, you will go undetected. If you horse down too much kava, then why bother? That's what booze is for.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
@Deleted User01 - That is certainly what tequila is normally used for. I actually have no interest in being drunk on booze or krunk on kava, if being "krunk" means to be "drunk" but not on alcohol. Once I figure out kava, I know that I will be far onto the conservative side of it. I am mostly curious to know about as many experiences as possible of different people. In this case, I am most curious about peoples' daily use of kava. I know a guy from India who bartends in the Minneapolis area. When I go back to the area to visit family, seeing this guy is always on my list of things I need to do. I almost knew that he was into a particular vice but it wasn't until knowing him for a few years did I find out (per his own confession) that I had likely never seen him when he wasn't under influence.

The other day, my brother who is a professor of music, asked one of his students if he was under some particular influence. For my brother, it was a witty and rhetorical question that was supposed to bring on a smile. The "kid" told him that he had quit "this thing" and "that thing" after he discovered kava. As we know, college students will get away with what they can get away with. Many of us, myself included, have shown up to a class that we didn't care for much a bit buttered up. Now that I am on the other side of the podium, I don't have the same options any more. As of right now, I only see a conservative mixture of mo'i as a possible option that mixes with professionalism.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Eh, to me krunk and drunk still have very different characteristics. I wouldn't even categorize them on the same level. Whether you're a light or heavy kava drinker, it's all good (y) The lack of coordination one might get may pose a small issue but isn't comparable to the lack of coordination you get being drunk. I have never personally experienced slurred speech or stumbling while krunk. Perhaps slowed speech and movement would be a better fit.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Eh, to me krunk and drunk still have very different characteristics. I wouldn't even categorize them on the same level. Whether you're a light or heavy kava drinker, it's all good (y) The lack of coordination one might get may pose a small issue but isn't comparable to the lack of coordination you get being drunk. I have never personally experienced slurred speech or stumbling while krunk. Perhaps slowed speech and movement would be a better fit.
It can happen; double vision too. The weird thing, though, with krunkeness, is that you may have the physical symptoms, but your mind still remains completely clear and rational.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Well they are similar in a way that we feel differently than if we weren't consuming at all. I am in it for the differences though. Last week, some waka I shook up knocked me out like I was in a tequila shooting contests that I both lost and won. I don't want that.

Bert07

Me like da kava
It can happen; double vision too. The weird thing, though, with krunkeness, is that you may have the physical symptoms, but your mind still remains completely clear and rational.
How krunk are we talking? There's a possibility but one would really have to be on a binging spree. I guess "krunk" is a vague term. I'm referring to a moderate krunk level if that makes sense.

verticity

I'm interested in things
How krunk are we talking? There's a possibility but one would really have to be on a binging spree. I guess "krunk" is a vague term. I'm referring to a moderate krunk level if that makes sense.
We're talking hugely excessive quantities of kava consumed.

KavaCat

Meow.
I think I'd go the opposite way! Mo'i will mess with your thought processes and make you daydreamy. Nobody's gonna call out a professor or teacher for being a bit discoordinated/ clumsy, as long as your mind is working. Especially true if you simply say you're trying out an anti-anxiety med, and it's just making you a little dizzy. That's a real common side effect for such meds. But if your brain's out in space, they'll get REAL concerned. So I'd def. go with a kava that was more relaxing for the body, or something in the middle ground.