What's new

Your top 3 strongest kava

Tranquil Mind

Kava Curious
I know this question Is very subjective but I'd still like to hear your top 3 picks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

Hmm, I only have two. Hanakapi Ai' and Boronguru. The problem I have with heavy kavas (and because of the kava shortage) is that they might be spiked. But I am in need of more heavies in my lineup so I may go ahead and buy some test tubes and acetone. I just can't afford to be zonked the next day. Too busy and too old for that nonsense.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Do you know the chemotype of the Nangol
In the past it has tested as: 423561
It's not necessarily always the same though, because it's a blend.
But that chemotype feels about right to me, with the batches I've had recently.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Papa Kea, Nambawan, KWK Loa Waka

Papa Kea has the distinction of being the one to quite literally knock me on my ass.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Squanch Waka, BKH Nangol Noble & GHK Hanakapi Ai. I 've heard that Stone or WOW are pretty intense as well but I never tried those.

Tranquil Mind

Kava Curious

Papa Kea has the distinction of being the one to quite literally knock me on my ass.
I have recently tried my second bag of kwk loa waka and it didnt seem as potent. Could it have just been a weak batch.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I know this question Is very subjective but I'd still like to hear your top 3 picks.
Would be interesting if folks also indicated whether their top 3 strongest picks were the same as their top picks.
Strongest doesn't always equate to best in my experience and in fact the strongest kava I've ever had (a mystery kava that a friend bought from his corner grog shop) was also the worst I've had.

Tranquil Mind

Kava Curious
Would be interesting if folks also indicated whether their top 3 strongest picks were the same as their top picks.
Strongest doesn't always equate to best in my experience and in fact the strongest kava I've ever had (a mystery kava that a friend bought from his corner grog shop) was also the worst I've had.
I agree, I should have been more clear.

verticity

I'm interested in things
It's true. The kavas I listed as strongest are all good ones, but not my favorites.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Yes absolutely. The strongest heavy dry powder I've ever had was 100% Isa. There was a narrow margin between nicely krunk, and feeling awful. Not worth it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I think there's a place for all good kavas. That's why I sort of cringe when people speak disparagingly of lawena or of other kavas that test low in kavalactone percentages. They could be missing out on some of the best kava experiences of their lives.

Also, there's always blending. Some things might on their own be quite unremarkable but really have many wonderful uses in blending.

Then there's Squanch. Amazing on its own AND amazing in blends. class by itself. I don't like to compare it to anything else. I wouldn't want to go a week without Squanch in it.

D

Deleted User01

Interesting you mentioned Papa Kea. It remember it giving me great pain relief after a Saturday of working the yard and garden. I just remember the relaxation of the muscles most of all but not the heaviness. But I haven't tried it in year but now you got me thinking.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Interesting you mentioned Papa Kea. It remember it giving me great pain relief after a Saturday of working the yard and garden. I just remember the relaxation of the muscles most of all but not the heaviness. But I haven't tried it in year but now you got me thinking.
Yes, it definitely had a profound effect on my muscles; not super sedating (but no kava is very sedating for me), but it just turned my body to rubber... "Muscle melting" would be a good description. I mention it as one of the "strongest" I have used because of the overwhelming physical effects. Definitely not an every day kava for me. In the case of something like Nambawan, the "strength" is much headier.