What's new

Kava Preparation Straining kava?

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Is there a way to knead and toss and wash it? Like.i guess just stick it in Bowl with water and massage it?
You could do that but it will require more time. Theres no way of telling whether you have efficiently extracted as much as possible though if you brew gets too concentrated

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Why? the point of kneading is to mix the non-water soluble kavalactones with water. if you're just drinking it straight up, no extraction is required.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Because I'm over thinking it damnit! Also I don't understand why more people don't toss and wash and just seeing of kneading gives a stronger affect or something.

verticity

I'm interested in things
You could stick it in a blender, and then do a coarse filtering with a kitchen seive. That would get most of the large chips out, but would not be as good as using a good fine filter.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Because I'm over thinking it damnit! Also I don't understand why more people don't toss and wash and just seeing of kneading gives a stronger affect or something.
Kneading actually gives a weaker brew than toss and wash. It doesn't even improve the taste. People knead to avoid problems like stomach upset and dermopathy (I'm iffy on whether it actually helps with dermo). But mainly people don't like drinking wood chips..

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Kneading actually gives a weaker brew than toss and wash. It doesn't even improve the taste. People knead to avoid problems like stomach upset and dermopathy (I'm iffy on whether it actually helps with dermo). But mainly people don't like drinking wood chips..
Never had upset stomach from it, I have always ate a lot of fiber so maybe that's why. I had dermo a few years ago for s monthish and it went away. I will try different methods because I have a feeling if I try to buy stockings in this town I will be asked politely to leave.

Funny thing is I have lds missionaries always come to see me and try to get me to go to church. They always tell me they want to try kava. Id let them but then they'd become enlightened.

Actually gonna order an aluball, this wire whisking is annoying.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Never had upset stomach from it, I have always ate a lot of fiber so maybe that's why. I had dermo a few years ago for s monthish and it went away. I will try different methods because I have a feeling if I try to buy stockings in this town I will be asked politely to leave.

Funny thing is I have lds missionaries always come to see me and try to get me to go to church. They always tell me they want to try kava. Id let them but then they'd become enlightened.
Maybe you should let the missionaries try kava then...
So, when you buy stockings, what you do is also buy some tampons at the same time. Act very embarrassed and say "My wife asked me to buy these because she can't leave the house, because her period is so bad. It's like a blood bath at home, yuk yuk. Jeez this is really embarrassing..."
Try to look "sheepish"

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I wouldn't recommend using a blender because household blenders could heat up the kava and make the taste worse than what you have. Straining is good to let the kava settle well in your stomach generally, although makas is pretty good for cleansing your stomach it seems o_O
If you find big chunks think it like you found a prize lolly in a salty snack - just chew it like sugarcane and spit out the makas ;)

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Actually just gonna order an aluball, this wire whisking in Bowl is annoying
Maybe you should let the missionaries try kava then...
So, when you buy stockings, what you do is also buy some tampons at the same time. Act very embarrassed and say "My wife asked me to buy these because she can't leave the house, because her period is so bad. It's like a blood bath at home, yuk yuk. Jeez this is really embarrassing..."
Try to look "sheepish"
Id love to but I have a bad feeling that they'd rat me out for giving them the devil's root. This town is hella Mormon like no joke 80ish percent although I am moving soon so maybe.

Yeah I'd try that it everyone didn't know everyone's business and I'd say waka waka while doing a dance out of the store but I'd most likely get banned for life.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Actually just gonna order an aluball, this wire whisking in Bowl is annoying

Id love to but I have a bad feeling that they'd rat me out for giving them the devil's root. This town is hella Mormon like no joke 80ish percent although I am moving soon so maybe.

Yeah I'd try that it everyone didn't know everyone's business and I'd say waka waka while doing a dance out of the store but I'd most likely get banned for life.
Well, as far as I know, kava is not something that is banned by the LDS church, is it? Coffee and alcohol, yes.
Isn't it illegal to ban a person from a store for buying a particular item?
Move to a place with a Walmart with a self-checkout, lol.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Of course Christian missionaries (not Mormon) in the Pacific Islands have historically held a dim view of kava. They tried to civilize the local people, and get them to drink booze as God intended.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Well, as far as I know, kava is not something that is banned by the LDS church, is it? Coffee and alcohol, yes.
Isn't it illegal to ban a person from a store for buying a particular item?
Move to a place with a Walmart with a self-checkout, lol.
The lds church doesn't say much about it because there is a lot of Tongan members, but I doubt they want their young missionaries getting krunked, but I'm a bad influence we will see if they come over.

verticity

I'm interested in things
The lds church doesn't say much about it because there is a lot of Tongan members, but I doubt they want their young missionaries getting krunked, but I'm a bad influence we will see if they come over.
Maybe it's a way to get them to stop coming over...unless you enjoy chatting with them...

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Eh they are good kids, I'd prefer if they sent female missionaries over.::evillaugh2::
I like them as long as they don't talk about their religion, when they do it just caused problems because they ask how I feel about it and they don't care for what I have to say. So I'm preparing some kava currently the way GHK does on the stove to make it extra strong if they do come over they shall be kunkethed.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Eh they are good kids, I'd prefer if they sent theady missionaries over.::evillaugh2::
I like them as long as they don't talk about their religion, when they do it just caused problems because they ask how I feel about it and they don't care for what I have to say. So I'm preparing some kava currently the way GHK does on the stove to make it extra strong if they do come over they shall be kunkethed.
If they don't talk about their religion what the heck do they talk about? Isn't that the whole point of missionaries?

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
If they don't talk about their religion what the heck do they talk about? Isn't that the whole point of missionaries?
Lol I talk about all the hoz I use to get and stories about my life and let them chill and just relax and enjoy the shit mostly. Yeah the point of their mission is to convert people, but I was raised Mormon and stopped going when I was young. I have why they do it they don't know any better and who knows maybe they are right. I certainly don't know if there is or isn't a god or not, but they aren't converting me because I know the actual history if their church so we just talk about life.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Lol I talk about all the hoz I use to get and stories about my life and let them chill and just relax and enjoy the shit mostly. Yeah the point of their mission is to convert people, but I was raised Mormon and stopped going when I was young. I have why they do it they don't know any better and who knows maybe they are right. I certainly don't know if there is or isn't a god or not, but they aren't converting me because I know the actual history if their church so we just talk about life.
The 'hoz' you used to get? You mean the pantyhose you used to get?