What's new

I Love Kava Friday Happy Friday!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
These are giveaways to the farmers or sub-dealers that supply the most root to weathy local businessman Simeon Aru. It's not just about who supplied the most kava this year, but about securing future supply lines. With the massive replanting efforts underway, the race is on to divide up the pie between the main players, and balloon-trucks are the bait.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
It helps build infrastructure. I'm sure those trucks will be put to good use. I hope Santo remains a good place for kava farms. It has become difficult to grow kava on Efate (the other island with a big town) due to theft. Meanwhile, on some outer islands, 6 trucks would look like a complete traffic jam. I heard that Vanua Lava has a grand total of 3 trucks for the whole place.

Main islands: fresh kava close to market, higher risk of theft, possibly more "plantation style" farms instead of traditional growing methods, more money from kava business goes into stuff like trucks and concrete houses.

Outer islands: unique cultivars (have we ever seen an overseas vendor with gems like puariki or ge wiswiket?), difficult to ship kava to town, low risk of theft, kava more likely to be grown according to kastom, more money from kava business goes into the rural economy for stuff like solar lights, water cachement, school fees, etc.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
I'm in the US I don't watch anything on any other people that do the same besides the occasional youtube video, sorry for the late reply.
No problem. Mate. Its an award winning comedy here in the UK. And it is set around a couple of detectorists. Very unique.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
No problem. Mate. Its an award winning comedy here in the UK. And it is set around a couple of detectorists. Very unique.
It's been my experience that most good TV shows originate from the UK, I'll check it out. :)

Edit: cool it's on Netflix too.