What's new

Borongoru Update

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
boron.jpg

Hey kava lovers. Just wanted to give an update of grind size and strength on the newest batch of borongoru.

I had an overkrunk situation on Saturday night/ Sunday morning with it, so that should give you a hint.

Grind size is reduced from the last batch, and I can say potency is increased a good bit. Still using the same strainer, and the resulting grog, while thick, isn't gritty. I look forward to giving it a few more days to settle in. I haven't had a krunk stupor in quite a while, so I'm hoping this batch will continue to show me that extra power :)

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Hey kava lovers. Just wanted to give an update of grind size and strength on the newest batch of borongoru.

I had an overkrunk situation on Saturday night/ Sunday morning with it, so that should give you a hint.

Grind size is reduced from the last batch, and I can say potency is increased a good bit. Still using the same strainer, and the resulting grog, while thick, isn't gritty. I look forward to giving it a few more days to settle in. I haven't had a krunk stupor in quite a while, so I'm hoping this batch will continue to show me that extra power :)
Wait a minute - you can order a 10lb bag?!? That is one heck of a commitment to a single kava right there.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Wait a minute - you can order a 10lb bag?!? That is one heck of a commitment to a single kava right there.
You know I'm serious about my kava :)

It's my favorite and it only varies just slightly between batches, so I can always count on it being just about the same. This batch being a little more punchy is a really nice surprise. The taste is, among kavas, quite agreeable, and the grind is perfect for a traditional strainer bag.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
The taste is, among kavas, quite agreeable, and the grind is perfect for a traditional strainer bag.
You've been drinking the KWK punch too long..:LOL: That kava is indeed very potent but the taste is aweful!! :wtf:

Looking forward to trying the new batch..

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You've been drinking the KWK punch too long..:LOL: That kava is indeed very potent but the taste is aweful!! :wtf:

Looking forward to trying the new batch..
lol, I figured I'd just gotten used to it. With the temp that I drink it at, I barely taste anything anyways. It's the viscosity that gets me these days. If I turn up on a shell of kava that turns out to be wayyy thicker than I had anticipated it may try to come back up.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I just got a small amount and can confirm its really strong compared to past batches. It's mostly heady in the mellow way with little body heavimesd. At least at my dosage. Definitely good bang for your buck.