What's new

Vendor News Exciting Announcement! - Bottled Fresh Green Kava

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
You guys think a bottle will get one person krunk (etleast feeling good)? As well as, less likely to have dry skin/ dehydration? Pretty cool concept.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
You guys think a bottle will get one person krunk (etleast feeling good)? As well as, less likely to have dry skin/ dehydration? Pretty cool concept.
yeah, you can definitely get krunk on a bottle. I felt krunk after the first 125ml shell, to be honest. Felt good so I decided to make a sesh of it. Just finished my second bottle. Definitely feeling that old hi-pro glo.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
yeah, you can definitely get krunk on a bottle. I felt krunk after the first 125ml shell, to be honest. Felt good so I decided to make a sesh of it. Just finished my second bottle. Definitely feeling that old hi-pro glo.
Just had the same 1/2 bottle and holy hell that packs a punch. I’m seriously impressed.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
How long has this been out? Some people have theirs already. Must've been a newsletter I missed.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
How long has this been out? Some people have theirs already. Must've been a newsletter I missed.
I suspect some kind of diabolical marketing genius must be fucking with us all, but this stuff really is remarkable, like nothing else on the market, certainly this is nothing like RoH’s fresh frozen root from Hawaii, which by contrast tastes like angels French kissing while you get a back rub. This stuff gives you at most a minute to get over the bitter taste before it hits you like a freight train. I could see the heavy lovers really digging this, though that initial euphoria was quite noticeable. This is all about the settling in. Very comfy.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
To be forthright, I've had the opportunity to sample these beverages, and I'm going to have to give a full endorsement to their strength and taste.

I should come clean here, too. Below follows my initial thoughts on this kava. Full disclosure: I got it as a free sample, and had to keep everything secret until the official announcement.

---

I've never had truly fresh unfrozen kava. (Yes, although I'm a huge Vanuatu fanboy I have never been.) The fresh kava was, I would imagine, the closest thing to readymade available in the US. Whatever sterilization and pasturization methods are used, they get the job done well! I noted a shelf life that was good for another four months... meanwhile the stuff I squeeze at home turns sour in only a day. Well done!

The taste: It's more vegetable-y than powder kava. Maybe a hint of cucumber or celery. It still has that unmistakable kava flavor with bitter and peppery notes, yet the FRESHNESS really does buffer the other notes in a pleasant way.

The effects: I had two bottles by myself first, after a long day of little food and hardly any water. It kicked me good. Mild cross eyes. ZERO nausea or headache. But what was most noticeable, for a kava that I first thought would be borogu-ish, was a sudden heady uplifting effect. The rush faded quickly and comfortably to a nice solid balanced-krunk sort of feel. The next night (after getting a feel for the kava without any outside suggestions) I drank the rest of it during a kava circle with Intrepidus. This time I was better rested and fed and didn't end up crosseyed. I nursed the remaining bottles over a few hours and it was simply. good. kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I should come clean here, too. Below follows my initial thoughts on this kava. Full disclosure: I got it as a free sample, and had to keep everything secret until the official announcement.

---

I've never had truly fresh unfrozen kava. (Yes, although I'm a huge Vanuatu fanboy I have never been.) The fresh kava was, I would imagine, the closest thing to readymade available in the US. Whatever sterilization and pasturization methods are used, they get the job done well! I noted a shelf life that was good for another four months... meanwhile the stuff I squeeze at home turns sour in only a day. Well done!

The taste: It's more vegetable-y than powder kava. Maybe a hint of cucumber or celery. It still has that unmistakable kava flavor with bitter and peppery notes, yet the FRESHNESS really does buffer the other notes in a pleasant way.

The effects: I had two bottles by myself first, after a long day of little food and hardly any water. It kicked me good. Mild cross eyes. ZERO nausea or headache. But what was most noticeable, for a kava that I first thought would be borogu-ish, was a sudden heady uplifting effect. The rush faded quickly and comfortably to a nice solid balanced-krunk sort of feel. The next night (after getting a feel for the kava without any outside suggestions) I drank the rest of it during a kava circle with Intrepidus. This time I was better rested and fed and didn't end up crosseyed. I nursed the remaining bottles over a few hours and it was simply. good. kava.
however, I did wake to the first kava fart I ever had and my first kava hangover, not a bad one, just something I never felt with kava. I bought ten bottles and will probably ration for special occasions. No idea how newbies would respond.

i’ll still Be buying RoH frozen. Both excellent but very different.

Last edited:

onakavajourney

Kava Curious

---

Someday when I grow up I hope to qualify for membership in the Big Kahuna Kava Club and get free samples! In the mean time are there any KWK coupon codes out there to put a dent in shipping?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Bravo on the continued innovation. I like this approach better than an extract that has been added back to a beverage. It also gives new users a way to give kava a try without trying to figure out how to prepare, or having to suck down gritty microgrind, or paying a ton for instant. The fresh frozen kava is good - but still made me a but uneasy with no information given on how it was prepared, and keeping it frozen during shipment was clearly still an issue. This product looks to be a much better way...on my way to order a few bottles now!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
So my one friend and I weren't crazy when I started my kava habit two and a half years ago. We drank a lot of kava and I remember smelling celery for a while after drinking it. The kava had to have been messing with our olfactory senses.
I'm sorry @fait the official release is today. We did send out a few bottles to get initial feedback from people throughout the process so a handful got to try some early. I'll definitely keep you in mind for next time we need some testers
Thanks! It sounds like it was more under-wraps than I thought, so I don't feel I've missed a lot. The order's already shipped, so the days of anticipation are numbered at least.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
$12.50/bottle is kind of on the spendy side. Looks about like buying a good bottle of scotch.
I can see that analogy here. As much as I would love to line my refrigerator with these bottles, my wallet would be screaming long before I made that happen.

You know, though, being KWK and The Kava Society, if they manage to streamline the process or if kava price takes a turn down, they'll follow the curve. They're both vendors with immense integrity and I know passing along the savings in order for more people to get thier hands on kava would be something they would be more interested in rather than taking that extra off the top.

It's also spendy until the following scenario takes place. A kava newbie wants to try kava, but isn't sure they they would like it, don't know how to make it, and have no clue of which vendor to purchase it from. With this product they can spend $25, get two bottles, and feel (with full force) what kava is all about. They can then continue on their kava journey with that knowledge. It'll probably help so many people who would have otherwise given up on kava :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
$12.50/bottle is kind of on the spendy side. Looks about like buying a good bottle of scotch.
I bought 10 and with postage that makes it $13/bottle or $6.50 for a proper shell. When I drink medium grind I manage 2 - 3 litres on about $4 - $4.50 a day, so obviously I will not be drinking this all that often. Also, for me it's so heavy and strong I had very strong next day effects. So for me this is a weekend night, special occasion grog. Just one of those things I will enjoy rarely but when I do I will look forward to it and enjoy the hell out of it. Of course, Shellie hasn't tried it yet, that's for tonight.

One thing I will say: no one should ever mix this with alcohol. I shudder to think, ........

Last edited:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I can see that analogy here. As much as would love to line my refrigerator with these bottles, my wallet would be screaming long before I made that happen.

You know, though, being KWK and The Kava Society, if they manage to streamline the process or if kava price takes a turn down, they'll follow the curve. They're both vendors with immense integrity and I know passing along the savings in order for more people to get thier hands on kava would be something they would be more interested in rather than taking that extra off the top.

It's also spendy until the following scenario takes place. A kava newbie wants to try kava, but isn't sure they they would like it, don't know how to make it, and have no clue of which vendor to purchase it from. With this product they can spend $25, get two bottles, and feel (with full force) what kava is all about. They can then continue on their kava journey with that knowledge. It'll probably help so many people who would have otherwise given up on kava :)
All good points and I'll add- this product is so close to...comparable to...arguably indistinguishable from traditional fresh kava beverage so clearly less cost than traveling to a region in the Pacific to try fresh / allows the Maka'āinana the opportunity to try fresh without getting on an airplane. This could lead to such a resurgence that a fresh kava product becomes available (via KWK or Kava Society of New Zealand) from more and closer points of origin with a lower price. It is like an inspiration for more value added product.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
I can see that analogy here. As much as would love to line my refrigerator with these bottles, my wallet would be screaming long before I made that happen.

Kapm is absolutely right. As our process is refined and we scale up production we should be able to reduce costs some and will certainly pass that on to our customers.

Do keep in mind, this is a completely different product from dried kava though. There are alot of costs that go into obtaining fresh kava, ensuring it stays fresh through shipping and processing, and processing it in a state of the art facility and method to produce a fresh drink without need for refrigeration. It essentially is the Blue Label of kava products right now.

At the same time, we've managed to make it as cost effective as any other fresh / frozen product available without the need for preparation or risk of being compromised in shipping.

Here's a little peak into the processing as well for anyone interested :)

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Someday when I grow up I hope to qualify for membership in the Big Kahuna Kava Club and get free samples! In the mean time are there any KWK coupon codes out there to put a dent in shipping?
A kahuna? Lol. Mike hopped onto a virtual kava circle and was like, "so... if you guys can keep a secret, I'd love you to try this new thing I'm working on. All I ask is your honest feedback." Totally was not expecting such a generous offer.

If anyone now ranks a big man, it's KWK Mike. He's invented an amazing thing, and given away several pigs worth of samples.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kapm is absolutely right. As our process is refined and we scale up production we should be able to reduce costs some and will certainly pass that on to our customers.

Do keep in mind, this is a completely different product from dried kava though. There are alot of costs that go into obtaining fresh kava, ensuring it stays fresh through shipping and processing, and processing it in a state of the art facility and method to produce a fresh drink without need for refrigeration. It essentially is the Blue Label of kava products right now.

At the same time, we've managed to make it as cost effective as any other fresh / frozen product available without the need for preparation or risk of being compromised in shipping.

Here's a little peak into the processing as well for anyone interested :)
I bet you couldn't stop me from laying down under that spout. Best it's not me making these