What's new

Everyone OK? Especially those enjoying life at home

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I do hope everyone is feeling healthy, and for those of us - I think it should be all of us, to be honest - on stay at home orders, hope you're all surviving and knocking back a few bowls of kava! Its a good time to enjoy and appreciate family and our homes. I still watch two of my grandkids every afternoon, but I've started doing some house redecorating, although its taking me a while to get in the groove and focus!

Is anyone here experiencing symptoms of the Covid-19 virus? It would be interesting to see if any of us do, and how it affects us. I mean, statistically speaking, someone on these boards is likely to catch it. Unless Kava really is the cure!

schatz

itchin for kava
I do hope everyone is feeling healthy, and for those of us - I think it should be all of us, to be honest - on stay at home orders, hope you're all surviving and knocking back a few bowls of kava! Its a good time to enjoy and appreciate family and our homes. I still watch two of my grandkids every afternoon, but I've started doing some house redecorating, although its taking me a while to get in the groove and focus!

Is anyone here experiencing symptoms of the Covid-19 virus? It would be interesting to see if any of us do, and how it affects us. I mean, statistically speaking, someone on these boards is likely to catch it. Unless Kava really is the cure!
Not yet, just my usual Parkinsons symptoms, Bula.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So far so good here. Been on lockdown for the last week. I’m thinking watching the movie “Outbreak” last night might not have been the best idea.
I've been avoiding those movies like this virus, the irony is that people must be watching it cuz it keeps coming up as a suggestion on my netflix account.

Everything is now quiet here in NY but we are not out of the woods yet and it seems our Corona cases curve has yet to plateau. I am healthy, better than last week. A bit off but I imagine that it is to be expected in this kind of situation. I've been staying home going on 2 weeks, this coming Monday.

Kava arrived a day early, so bula to all and stay safe & indoors.

schatz

itchin for kava
Does kava help with the symptoms?

So far so good here. Been on lockdown for the last week. I’m thinking watching the movie “Outbreak” last night might not have been the best idea.
OH yeah love my kava, ever since first experiencing symptoms of parkinsons(4yrs) have relied soley on Kava for sleeping and anxiety relief as well as pain. Never have tried pharmaceuticals as dopamine levels have not been the major issue as far as the DAT scan showed. And besides all the recs of not using Kava if you have parkinson like symptoms. Plus most of the medications that have been prescribed to me by neuro Dr. have side effects that I already live with so why would I want to antagonize them.And were not locked down yet, but it amazes me we haven't sooner. My wife took me on a pickup to Walmart yesterday, and it was incredible the amount of traffic that was still out there. Iguess the government has to lock society down to wake us up to the seriousness of this situation.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
OH yeah love my kava, ever since first experiencing symptoms of parkinsons(4yrs) have relied soley on Kava for sleeping and anxiety relief as well as pain. Never have tried pharmaceuticals as dopamine levels have not been the major issue as far as the DAT scan showed. And besides all the recs of not using Kava if you have parkinson like symptoms. Plus most of the medications that have been prescribed to me by neuro Dr. have side effects that I already live with so why would I want to antagonize them.And were not locked down yet, but it amazes me we haven't sooner. My wife took me on a pickup to Walmart yesterday, and it was incredible the amount of traffic that was still out there. Iguess the government has to lock society down to wake us up to the seriousness of this situation.
Thats fantastic. Its really good to know it’s helping others out there with issues as serious as this. Kava never stops amazing me.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Im curious as to what kava(s) you use for anxiety/pain relief. It must be pretty strong to use as neuro meds substitute.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I've been avoiding those movies like this virus, the irony is that people must be watching it cuz it keeps coming up as a suggestion on my netflix account.

Everything is now quiet here in NY but we are not out of the woods yet and it seems our Corona cases curve has yet to plateau. I am healthy, better than last week. A bit off but I imagine that it is to be expected in this kind of situation. I've been staying home going on 2 weeks, this coming Monday.

Kava arrived a day early, so bula to all and stay safe & indoors.
Recovering from the virus? Glad to hear you're okay. Still hearing horror stories from NY. Holding out hope the curve will begin to drop soon. And doesn't go higher here in South Orange County. Tested cases seem to be fairly low and we're now on our third week of "Safer at Home". I wish I could stay home all the time! Have to take care of grandkids in the afternoon while my daughter works from home. And 4 year old is naturally an anxious toddler, even worse now and demands to be next to Mommy. She doesn't want him next to her. Anger ensues from all sides! Kava is an absolute must when I get home!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
No lockdown? Where are you? I would honestly suggest voluntarily "locking down"! They say the V is spreading form the coasts to the interior.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Recovering from the virus? Glad to hear you're okay. Still hearing horror stories from NY. Holding out hope the curve will begin to drop soon. And doesn't go higher here in South Orange County. Tested cases seem to be fairly low and we're now on our third week of "Safer at Home". I wish I could stay home all the time! Have to take care of grandkids in the afternoon while my daughter works from home. And 4 year old is naturally an anxious toddler, even worse now and demands to be next to Mommy. She doesn't want him next to her. Anger ensues from all sides! Kava is an absolute must when I get home!
Maybe, I am not sure. My doctor thinks it was allergies. We have been under mandatory lockdown for about a week. It's boring as hell. Staying at home is nice when you can go out with friends or out occasionally, it sucks when everything is shut down, including 100% of businesses.

schatz

itchin for kava
Im curious as to what kava(s) you use for anxiety/pain relief. It must be pretty strong to use as neuro meds substitute.
Stone mixed with anything works best for me. Drinking Stone mixed with some Amazon Fiji Wakathat was fourty seven dollars a pound at the moment. And when I was first diagnosed it was hard to determine, based upon my research and reading if or what Kava's effect on dopamine was, so I have just gone with what my brain likes really, not really very scientific I know. You should see the drugs they want to give to parkinson people, it's incredible. If at first you do not have full blown Parkinson when you start, you will when some side effects start hitting ya,so for as long as I can Iwill avoid medication.

schatz

itchin for kava
No lockdown? Where are you? I would honestly suggest voluntarily "locking down"! They say the V is spreading form the coasts to the interior.
I am in Az. and the mayor where I am just shut down non essential business's last night, so I think wer'e starting to get it. Me and the wife locked down voluntarily a couple of weeks ago, and so far doing o.k. But we went out to Wallmart yesterday evening for our first pickup order since this first started and we looked at eachother and wondered what have we been missing out on the last few weeks.I don't know, maybe people will start getting the seriousness of it all when the governor issues a formal lockdown statewide, I don't know.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Stone mixed with anything works best for me. Drinking Stone mixed with some Amazon Fiji Wakathat was fourty seven dollars a pound at the moment. And when I was first diagnosed it was hard to determine, based upon my research and reading if or what Kava's effect on dopamine was, so I have just gone with what my brain likes really, not really very scientific I know. You should see the drugs they want to give to parkinson people, it's incredible. If at first you do not have full blown Parkinson when you start, you will when some side effects start hitting ya,so for as long as I can Iwill avoid medication.
well that sounds smart to me. and even when knowing the chemotypes it can vary person to person. Sounds like you got a good thing going by mixing one heavy strain with one heady strain.That way you can alter it as you like. I might have to try that strategy.

I prefer naturals vs medication as well. less harm done on the body.
although i take anti depressants daily, i still prefer remedies that come from the earth. Theyve been around for longer and have less side affects.

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
Woah the meds sound intense. It seems like sometimes the meds can cause the exact they thing they are supposed to heal. I know with anti-psychotics can cause psychosis in healthy (or not quite psychotic) individuals. Glad its helping you :)