What's new

Kavaeurope & KWK Europe (Poland)

Have you ordered from these distributors successfully?

• Total voters

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
(Sorry if this is the wrong subforum, but I figured it's kind of a new seller, although they are affiliated with Kava Society and KWK.)

As @Henry and @Kalm with Kava recently announced, there are now European distributors for Kava Society (www.kavaeurope.eu) and KWK (www.kalmwithkava.pl), both based in Poland. For our European kava lovers out there, it would be interesting to get some reviews from people who have already ordered there. Were there any problems with the order? Any legal specialities in certain EU countries one should be aware of? (The kava itself is fine I suppose, so we don't have to discuss that, haha)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I too received my first ever order from Kalmwithkava 2 days ago, from the Poland store to UK. Direct to my door, no customs.

They were so generous to include 2 unexpected free gifts- a shell of some origin, my mum says it isnt coconut.

And one of their KWK straining bags. I noticed the bag looks much different to the ones I have been using from Kavasocietynz.

Much less see-through, more like a white garment than a strainer. I am assuming it has a smaller micron size.

I think I remember reading here recently comments from Kalmwithkava about their prefrence for medium grinds, to let slightly less sediment through and consequently less nauseating.

I have been struggling massively lately with nausea to get my required effects from kava. But I do have multiple longterm hewlth conditions and major stomach and digestive issues. My tummy and digestion have generally been very poorly and upset for a few months now, largely connected to many viral infections.

Previously, I was managing to tolerate my kava much better, full doses for required effect, with very little nausea.

So I believe it is partly a case of my digestion and tummy being very sensitive and weak currently, which is exacerbating the nausea effects.

I ordered the KWK Borongoru, and Pouni Ono. The Borongoru I tried. First time that stran. I typically have been favoring the more purely heady kavas as I have chronic fatigue and long term sleep deprivartion and need stimulant effects more than sedative ones.

But I also have extreme anxiety disorder. I find sometimes the the heady varieties don't always help to settle my anxiety.

The Borongoru certainly seems a bit more effective here.

I made up a double aluball today- one ball 19 grams Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu, and one ball 18 grams KWK Borongoru. It awaits in a jar for a little later. I double washed it with 400ml hottish water each time and mixed both together.

MellowMind

I've ordered from KalmwithKava.pl but my package is still in transit. I'll report back once I received it and cast my vote. I don't expect that there will be any problems with delivery as in the case of the EU no customs duties are to be paid when goods are moved from one EU country to another. Parcels within the EU are only checked in cases of suspicion.

MellowMind

I've ordered from KalmwithKava.pl but my package is still in transit. I'll report back once I received it and cast my vote. I don't expect that there will be any problems with delivery as in the case of the EU no customs duties are to be paid when go ods are moved from one EU country to another. Parcels within the EU are only checked in cases of suspicion.
I have just received my order from Kalm with Kava. My order was hassle free and everything went smoothly. Can't wait to order from Kava Europe as well as soon as they have their Pacific Roots Kava / Green kava drink back in stock.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
(Sorry if this is the wrong subforum, but I figured it's kind of a new seller, although they are affiliated with Kava Society and KWK.)

As @Henry and @Kalm with Kava recently announced, there are now European distributors for Kava Society (www.kavaeurope.eu) and KWK (www.kalmwithkava.pl), both based in Poland. For our European kava lovers out there, it would be interesting to get some reviews from people who have already ordered there. Were there any problems with the order? Any legal specialities in certain EU countries one should be aware of? (The kava itself is fine I suppose, so we don't have to discuss that, haha)
I am responding regarding the situation in Sweden.
Kava is considered a medical substance in Sweden. But it's not for sale in Sweden. That means you are not allowed to mail order it. The only change is that its it's easy to go to Poland to bring home some supply's compared to going to USA to resupplying.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
There are no customs controls within the EU/EEA. So the packages can go around the EU with no problems. However, it might be the case that your local laws prohibit you from consuming kava (I doubt it), in which case it doesn't matter where it's coming from (America, Poland or Mongolia)
This is not really true. I have had the custom holding my package for weeks while they made tests on the content of the bags. Today I also picked up a package that the customs had opened up to check. But in my country it's legal to import kava. But there is some new law in Europe that it's illegal to sell products that claims to give specific health claims and so on. So I was happy to see that KWK did not have any of those claims on the package, if that was the case the custom would have sized it and destroyed in. Possibly also that they would fine me for this offence.
But that there is no customs between countries in Europe is not the case, I have had loads of other packages confiscated with other content than Kava.

Edit: But it's true that there are no customs fees like if someone in Europe would import Kava from outside of Europe.

Last edited:

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I am responding regarding the situation in Sweden.
Kava is considered a medical substance in Sweden. But it's not for sale in Sweden. That means you are not allowed to mail order it. The only change is that its it's easy to go to Poland to bring home some supply's compared to going to USA to resupplying.
I have had two packages checked by the customs in two weeks time. All they left in the package was that they had opened my packages to check if it was legal to bring in to Sweden and it was. They had opened both packages and then closed it again with tape saying CHECKED BY SWEDISH CUSTOM.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I have had two packages checked by the customs in two weeks time. All they left in the package was that they had opened my packages to check if it was legal to bring in to Sweden and it was. They had opened both packages and then closed it again with tape saying CHECKED BY SWEDISH CUSTOM.
Interesting I believe it has to do with have its declared in the customs declaration.
Below is my communication with läkemedelsverket regarding this matter.

Hej Michael,

Piper methysticum har ingått godkända läkemedel och generellt leder ett innehåll till att en produkt bedöms som ett läkemedel som du kanske sett i vår information:

För att det ska vara tillåtet att importera ett läkemedel till Sverige från ett land inom EU via post ska det t ex vara godkänt i båda länderna. Det finns inget godkänt läkemedel i Sverige som innehåller Piper methysticum.

Som resande till Sverige från annat land inom EES har man rätt att föra med sig läkemedel för eget bruk för 1 års förbrukning så länge det inte är narkotikaklassat. Piper metysticum är inte narkotikaklassat.

Vänliga hälsningar

Catarina Ekenäs

LV_Mac3

Catarina Ekenäs, Apotekare, PhD

Utredare

Enheten för kosmetika, läkemedelsprodukter och narkotika

Box 26, 751 03 Uppsala

Besöksadress: Dag Hammarskjölds väg 42

Telefon: 018 – 17 82 02, växel 018 – 17 46 00

Fax: 018-54 85 66

[email protected]

www.lakemedelsverket.se

Från: Michael Nielsen @gmail.com>
Skickat: den 9 mars 2020 10:16
Till: Registrator <[email protected]>
Ämne: piper methysicum på postorder från polen

Hej

Det har kommit till min kännedom att man valt att legalisera piper methysicum i polen. Och att definera det som ett kosttillskott.

Är det lagligt importera detta från ett eu-land?

Vänligen

/Michael Nielsen

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting I believe it has to do with have its declared in the customs declaration.
Below is my communication with läkemedelsverket regarding this matter.

Hej Michael,

Piper methysticum har ingått godkända läkemedel och generellt leder ett innehåll till att en produkt bedöms som ett läkemedel som du kanske sett i vår information:

För att det ska vara tillåtet att importera ett läkemedel till Sverige från ett land inom EU via post ska det t ex vara godkänt i båda länderna. Det finns inget godkänt läkemedel i Sverige som innehåller Piper methysticum.

Som resande till Sverige från annat land inom EES har man rätt att föra med sig läkemedel för eget bruk för 1 års förbrukning så länge det inte är narkotikaklassat. Piper metysticum är inte narkotikaklassat.

Vänliga hälsningar

Catarina Ekenäs

LV_Mac3

Catarina Ekenäs, Apotekare, PhD

Utredare

Enheten för kosmetika, läkemedelsprodukter och narkotika

Box 26, 751 03 Uppsala

Besöksadress: Dag Hammarskjölds väg 42

Telefon: 018 – 17 82 02, växel 018 – 17 46 00

Fax: 018-54 85 66

[email protected]

www.lakemedelsverket.se

Från: Michael Nielsen @gmail.com>
Skickat: den 9 mars 2020 10:16
Till: Registrator <[email protected]>
Ämne: piper methysicum på postorder från polen

Hej

Det har kommit till min kännedom att man valt att legalisera piper methysicum i polen. Och att definera det som ett kosttillskott.

Är det lagligt importera detta från ett eu-land?

Vänligen

/Michael Nielsen

That is strange. But also not something that surprise me. Often the different authorities have different views on the matter. I also often buys melatonin that is classed as a medication in Sweden, but usually as a supplement abroad. I have not had any problems with those items either, regarding the customs.

But in the document they provided you, they state that "Yes, Kava is usually a medication". My guess here is that because of the packages I have received today had "This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure och prevent any diseases" on the label of Kalm with Kava products. The other package that the customs controlled from be was delivered in a bag without any text at all on it, so no claims that it could be used as a medicin.

I did order Kava capsules from India one time tho. And on the package there was a lot of health claims like this:

"Kaava root is most commonly used to calm anxiety, stress, restlessness and treat insomnia. It’s also used for ADHD symptoms, epilepsy, psychosis, depression, migraines and other headaches, chronic fatigue syndrome, common cold and other respiratory tract infections,prevention. Urinary tract infections (UTIs), pain and swelling of the uterus, venereal disease, menstrual discomfort, and sexual arousal are other uses of kava root. "

And that package got confiscated and destroyed by the custom. Because it had medicinal claims on it. But the other kava I have imported has just been root powder from a plant that is not illegal, so I guess that is why the customs saw it as okay. I even called the customs and asked why they had opened and checked my packages. But they just told me that they do this randomly and when it's supplements they check for medicinal claims that is not supported by the medical field. They also told me that if I get the package, that means it's 100% legal to order like this.

kavamehameha

But this thread is about ordering from a shop inside the EU, not from outside. No customs declaration is required. This of course doesn't mean that it cannot be checked by customs. But the situation is considerably different from ordering from e.g. an U.S. based shop.

So @Michael Nielsen and @babesugarbunny , do you have any specific experiences with ordering kava from the shops in Poland? That's the topic of the thread.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
But this thread is about ordering from a shop inside the EU, not from outside. No customs declaration is required. This of course doesn't mean that it cannot be checked by customs. But the situation is considerably different from ordering from e.g. an U.S. based shop.

So @Michael Nielsen and @babesugarbunny , do you have any specific experiences with ordering kava from the shops in Poland? That's the topic of the thread.
Yes, I ordered from KWK Poland, got it stopped by the custom that checked if it was illegal substances. I live in Europe. That's why I am sharing this information for people that are not sure if it's safe to order from abroad or not. The conversation between me and Michael is about ordering from a shop inside Europe and the specific experience about it, so I don't see why it would be off topic. I just added the example of ordering from India because that Kava had medical claims on it, the origin had nothing to do with what I was trying to say. Just that the customs in Europe can confiscate Kava if it got medicinal claims on the package, even if the order is sent within Europe. This is what the customs told me when I called them and they referred to a European Law regarding supplements. I am literally answering the questions that you wrote in your first post ::chugger::

Last edited:

kavamehameha

Yes, I ordered from KWK Poland, got it stopped by the custom that checked if it was illegal substances. I live in Europe. That's why I am sharing this information for people that are not sure if it's safe to order from abroad or not. The conversation between me and Michael is about ordering from a shop inside Europe and the specific experience about it, so I don't see why it would be off topic. I just added the example of ordering from India because that Kava had medical claims on it, the origin had nothing to do with what I was trying to say. Just that the customs in Europe can confiscate Kava if it got medicinal claims on the package, even if the order is sent within Europe. This is what the customs told me when I called them and they referred to a European Law regarding supplements. I am literally answering the questions that you wrote in your first post ::chugger::
Thanks, and no worries. It wasn't clear to me that you ordered from the European KWK shop (you just once wrote KWK), considering you then wrote about a package from India. That's where I got confused, my fault. Thanks for your report, and bula! ::chugger::

Last edited:

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I have sent an e-mail to Kava Europe some days ago, and wrote to them on facebook some weeks ago. But got no respons yet.
Today I did get my second order from Kalm with Kava Poland tho. A bag of what they described as heady called Samoa - Samoa Ava and one bag of Vanuatu - Borongoru described as heavy. I really like that they have sent a straining bag for free with both of my orders from them! The shipping time has been quick regarding the pandemic situation too, in my opinion.