What's new

Dry Skin Out of Nowhere...

grassy

I’ve been using kava for quite awhile, in fact last month I was using it daily. I’d guess I had 2-3 shells worth per day, and no unwanted side effects. One day, everything changed though. Even the smallest amount of kava (a kavalactone mint!) will give me shedding skin around my upper & lower lips for the next day. Aquaphor helps a little, and I’m giving vitamin E a shot too, but it’s just so weird that I went from being able to have multiple shells a day, to not being able to have even a MINT, let alone a cup, with ANY frequency (I’ve tried 1 day, 3 day, 5 day hiatuses...no luck) without getting rather unsightly shedding, dry skin. Any thoughts on what’s going on?

A

Aleksandr Pavlov

As I have read, dry skin is a regular side effect of heavy Kava drinkers. I guess you have to stop using Kava for a while.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I’ve been using kava for quite awhile, in fact last month I was using it daily. I’d guess I had 2-3 shells worth per day, and no unwanted side effects. One day, everything changed though. Even the smallest amount of kava (a kavalactone mint!) will give me shedding skin around my upper & lower lips for the next day. Aquaphor helps a little, and I’m giving vitamin E a shot too, but it’s just so weird that I went from being able to have multiple shells a day, to not being able to have even a MINT, let alone a cup, with ANY frequency (I’ve tried 1 day, 3 day, 5 day hiatuses...no luck) without getting rather unsightly shedding, dry skin. Any thoughts on what’s going on?
Sometimes you need a few extra days, it may take up to 10 days sometimes for a more severe outbreak to go away. Also try Amlactin instead for your skin, it will help it heal it faster.

grassy

Sometimes you need a few extra days, it may take up to 10 days sometimes for a more severe outbreak to go away. Also try Amlactin instead for your skin, it will help it heal it faster.
I have seen people use amlactin successfully, unfortunately due to the other prescription creams I already use, I can't use amlactin on my face. If I get demopathy anywhere else on my body though I'll be sure to use it. But shoot, 10 days it is! I should note though, that I only experience the dry/shedding skin the afternoon after an evening kava session. It does not last into the following day -- the dryness goes away on its own very quickly. But I guess I'll give it ten days and see if I can drink kava again without skin literally falling off my face lol

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have seen people use amlactin successfully, unfortunately due to the other prescription creams I already use, I can't use amlactin on my face. If I get demopathy anywhere else on my body though I'll be sure to use it. But shoot, 10 days it is! I should note though, that I only experience the dry/shedding skin the afternoon after an evening kava session. It does not last into the following day -- the dryness goes away on its own very quickly. But I guess I'll give it ten days and see if I can drink kava again without skin literally falling off my face lol
Also try adding some coconut oil in you daily diet, it does wonders for your body, even beyond dermo. A tbs a day is all you need, you can spread it on toast or use it in any recipe.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Fish oil, mct oil, pedialyte post session. Eat cleaner more water less sodas etc and time will help. But ive seen ppl drink through minor bouts and never have any issues. For me certain cultivators r more drying than others. Also properly washed and processed kava like kava society makes it less likely for a severe reaction or dermo

grassy

Fish oil, mct oil, pedialyte post session. Eat cleaner more water less sodas etc and time will help. But ive seen ppl drink through minor bouts and never have any issues. For me certain cultivators r more drying than others. Also properly washed and processed kava like kava society makes it less likely for a severe reaction or dermo
I try to only get my Kava from trusted vendors (KWK mainly) to limit that factor, but for sure I’ll look into fish oil and pedialyte too.