What's new

Nambawan- Current batch

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Has anyone had the current batch of BKH Nambawan? I’ve been really wanting to grab a pound. I just need a nudge to spend $80 on a pound of root :p! Ive only had a half pound of it around 6 months ago and I remember how floored I was by the great taste and overall great effects.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
I just got Nambawan Micro for the first time. It is hard to compare with a medium grind. Nambawan micro is smooth tasting, heady, and relaxing. I mainly used it to top off a medium grind session or done only about 2 tablespoons. I have not had a full solo session with it. I do like it.

Ellviis

Kava Curious
I ordered a pound that will be delivered real soon too. It's my first time trying this strain, and first time trying from Bula as well

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Can't wait for mine to come! It's been quite delayed due to the general USPS delays nowadays but I can't wait :)

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Just made 20g of this kava with about 600mL of water. It's light colored, very greasy, and has a light taste with notes of lemon alongside the typical Vanuatu kava taste. Here are some pics. I'll continue to edit this post with updates on my session tonight. :)

edit1: I don't feel much of anything, going to make 40g and see how that goes!
edit2: @Jacob Bula as I was making the second. batch I started feeling the first 20g. It was light and nice heady feeling, but I know I could go further. Had my first 8oz or so from the second batch now and will report on additional effects.
edit3: halfway through the second batch, which was 40g medium grind/1L water. still not much of a noticeable effect...
edit4: 3/4 through the second batch and I definitely feel it now. Seems like in total I needed about 50g to get to where I'm accustomed to getting with kava. It's a bit more of a heavy handed heady type of effect. Feels nice, but slight sense of nausea (which I unfortuntately still get from time to time with kava in general). Will be indulging in some salteens to help with that :)
edit5: I had some food after my last shell, and for the past hour and a half I was pretty much fading in and out of consciousness, it totally knocked me out. The nausea has faded and I'm just warm and content feeling now. The next time I will have a bit of food first to see if that helps with the nausea issue and take it a little slower; it seems this one might take a bit longer to take effect from others I've tried. that being said, it seems my tolerance has risen quite significantly as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Just made 20g of this kava with about 600mL of water. It's light colored, very greasy, and has a light taste with notes of lemon alongside the typical Vanuatu kava taste. Here are some pics. I'll continue to edit this post with updates on my session tonight. :)

edit1: I don't feel much of anything, going to make 40g and see how that goes!
edit2: @Jacob Bula as I was making the second. batch I started feeling the first 20g. It was light and nice heady feeling, but I know I could go further. Had my first 8oz or so from the second batch now and will report on additional effects.
edit3: halfway through the second batch, which was 40g medium grind/1L water. still not much of a noticeable effect...
edit4: 3/4 through the second batch and I definitely feel it now. Seems like in total I needed about 50g to get to where I'm accustomed to getting with kava. It's a bit more of a heavy handed heady type of effect. Feels nice, but slight sense of nausea (which I unfortuntately still get from time to time with kava in general). Will be indulging in some salteens to help with that :)
edit5: I had some food after my last she, and for the past hour and a half I was pretty much fading in and out of consciousness, it totally knocked me out. The nausea has faded and I'm just warm and content feeling now. The next time I will have a bit of food first to see if that helps with the nausea issue and take it a little slower; it seems this one might take a bit longer to take effect from others I've tried. that being said, it seems my tolerance has risen quite significantly as well.
thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate it. I always drink to the point of nausea, then rip off my shirt and plop down in the bed

BoomKanani808

WatGetFoDinnah!!!
You folks should try eating ginger before a session. I eat a small piece every time and it definitely helps. I really cant stand the taste of ginger, so i consume dried ginger with li hing mui or chewy candy ginger. #GAMECHANGER

Ellviis

Kava Curious
For this batch, I use a about 5-6 tbsp in the evening. If I use it in the morning, the effects are more prominent for my body, and I’m knocked off my socks at 3tbsp. I like this strain, not gonna lie

Ellviis

Kava Curious
You folks should try eating ginger before a session. I eat a small piece every time and it definitely helps. I really cant stand the taste of ginger, so i consume dried ginger with li hing mui or chewy candy ginger. #GAMECHANGER
I drink a diet ALE-8-ONE with a meal before a kava session, definitely helps get the edge nausea away for me. If my head starts to spin, I take a ginger capsule and some peppermint & fennel tea along with food, and that usually gets rid of any remaining nausea from a strong session

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Great suggestions @Ellviis and @BoomKanani808, I'm going to try some ginger first on days that I'm having a particularly long/strong session. I had actually began using ginger back when I started experimenting with kava, but read rumors online that ginger could denature kavalactones, so I began to shy away from it, not wanting to counteract the effects and learning how to modulate the nausea with the rate of ingestion. Will have to give it another go-around.

BoomKanani808

WatGetFoDinnah!!!
Double straining the kava also helps with nausea. But it also depends on what type of kava you are consuming. But every one is different, what makes me nauseous, might jibe well with you. ::KavaChug::

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Double straining the kava also helps with nausea. But it also depends on what type of kava you are consuming. But every one is different, what makes me nauseous, might jibe well with you. ::KavaChug::
For sure, before I was using an 80 micron nut milk bag I was getting nausea consistently, usually very strong and 1-2 days in length with a lot of bloating. Once I switched to the nut milk bag and started taking it a bit slower it started getting much better and I could consistently enjoy it. But now my tolerance is the factor causing it to creep back :LOL:

Ellviis

Kava Curious
The Nambawan is like one day kava. I can feel it’s lingering effects for a whole day. A little strange feeling, like something is a little off in my body’s chemistry.

Still a clean shell, more potent effects for me as the times goes.