What's new

Help with obtaining kava in the UK and Europe

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
With the sad announcement that GKE are shutting shop it's time for all of us affected by this to come together and get things changed in the UK and Europe once and for all. The situation is ludicrous and is causing needless suffering for literally millions of people whose lives are being affected by either anxiety or the side effects of anxiety drugs. Any suggestions that anyone has about a way forward would be appreciated. From my point of view I want to find out who the member of the uk parliament was who made a case for Kava in the house of commons and speak to him to see if there is anything that can be done. I doubt we have enough people for a petition but there must be something we can do.

In the meantime I would recommend that you keep ordering small batches and keep things under the radar. I know shipping costs can mount up, take a look at the size of my stash and then tell me about shipping costs... but small orders do seem to regularly get through, to the UK at least. Let's work together, keep each other informed via the thread in the new members forum and in time we can get the situation changed.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I'd normally say the EU is your last hope as they might soon be listing kava as a novel food item which would make it legally difficult to restrict imports... BUT I suppose Brexit makes this point irrelevant to the UK. This would be quite ironic if the EU legalised kava but your couldn't enjoy it because of Brexit, wouldn't it? ;)
If EU opens its doors to kava, I foresee the price of kava rising again and this time exclusively as an export commodity due to competition. Increase in export demand from short supplied kava producing countries will force exporters to sell their already short supplied kava to the highest bidder. The fact that the currency of EU is stronger than US will be quite appealing to exporters. I also think UK will follow EU steps even after brexit but it may take a while.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
If EU opens its doors to kava, I foresee the price of kava rising again and this time exclusively as an export commodity due to competition. Increase in export demand from short supplied kava producing countries will force exporters to sell their already short supplied kava to the highest bidder. The fact that the currency of EU is stronger than US will be quite appealing to exporters. I also think UK will follow EU steps even after brexit but it may take a while.
Start planting, Neil. There's a fortune to be made :) (y)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm afraid that if I write about Kava in Sweden they will do more to stop it. As of now I can at least order some from iHerb. It seems.
Keep others informed via the thread in the new members section. I know it says vendors who ship to the uk but you can use it for Sweden too. Any information you can provide will be useful to other people.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Keep others informed via the thread in the new members section. I know it says vendors who ship to the uk but you can use it for Sweden too. Any information you can provide will be useful to other people.
Maybe the thread title can be changed in that respect.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Krunʞy can you help with the above please? Something like "Help with obtaining kava in the UK and Europe". Thanks.

Skylar

Kava Curious
Hey folks...
As I live mainly in Switzerland it is almost impossible to get anything imported without it being stopped at customs so I won't event try to order it to here... same with the UK. Not sure how easy it is to ship to the UK? But then unless I drive there is no point.... can't see myself getting through customs with a couple of pounds of brown powder!
However I am lucky enough to spend a couple of months a year in Spain so I managed to get my first batch shipped to Spain from iHerb with no issue. I think around 2lbs of Lateral Root. As I drive there and back it's easy... and as you said @Edward, I would use my Dog as my excuse. He needs it for the journey... ;)

Sure hope iHerb keep supplying!

Rensa

In the meantime I would recommend that you keep ordering small batches and keep things under the radar. I know shipping costs can mount up, take a look at the size of my stash and then tell me about shipping costs... but small orders do seem to regularly get through, to the UK at least
How much exactly do you consider to be a small batch? I've just placed my first order (16oz) from Kava Time to go to my stackry account. I wanted to try a sample pack (probably about 500g) from GHK or some other vendor maybe as well, but I don't want to jeopardise my chances of it getting through if that's considered a big order? Going to declare it as 'tea'... Thanks!

The Academic

Kava Curious
With the sad announcement that GKE are shutting shop it's time for all of us affected by this to come together and get things changed in the UK and Europe once and for all. The situation is ludicrous and is causing needless suffering for literally millions of people whose lives are being affected by either anxiety or the side effects of anxiety drugs. Any suggestions that anyone has about a way forward would be appreciated. From my point of view I want to find out who the member of the uk parliament was who made a case for Kava in the house of commons and speak to him to see if there is anything that can be done. I doubt we have enough people for a petition but there must be something we can do.

In the meantime I would recommend that you keep ordering small batches and keep things under the radar. I know shipping costs can mount up, take a look at the size of my stash and then tell me about shipping costs... but small orders do seem to regularly get through, to the UK at least. Let's work together, keep each other informed via the thread in the new members forum and in time we can get the situation changed.
How is it today? What Kava vendors are legit and reliable in Europe?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Nothing has changed, I did try but came up against a brick wall. I now sell kava in the UK but strictly for pet supplement use for obvious reasons. My site is at petsupplementseurope.eu . If you register and log in then you will be able to see the bottom section with my full list and prices.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
If you are in the EU there is some vendors in Poland. Like kavaeurope.eu
Kava is legal in poland, and there is no regular customs check between member countries in EU.

But if you live in the UK Edwards shop, seems to be the option.

The Academic

Kava Curious
Nothing has changed, I did try but came up against a brick wall. I now sell kava in the UK but strictly for pet supplement use for obvious reasons. My site is at petsupplementseurope.eu . If you register and log in then you will be able to see the bottom section with my full list and prices.
Thank you, I will do that. Do you have an idea of what time it would take for me to get my package if I order from you? We are panicking here waiting for delayed order from "Kalm with Kava"