What's new

Micronized vs Toss and Wash?

Zamboni Boy

Kava Curious
Hey all.

Im not understanding how Micronized from vendors other than GHK are not essentially just super finely ground roots?

Do all vendors remove the fiber? In which case, what is actually being ground up, if not whatever the medium grind is?

Im sure this is an amateur question. Im mostly asking because I dont understand, why I couldnt, for example, just use a coffee grinder on KWK medium grind root and achieve the same effect as KWK micronized...

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hey all.

Im not understanding how Micronized from vendors other than GHK are not essentially just super finely ground roots?

Do all vendors remove the fiber? In which case, what is actually being ground up, if not whatever the medium grind is?

Im sure this is an amateur question. Im mostly asking because I dont understand, why I couldnt, for example, just use a coffee grinder on KWK medium grind root and achieve the same effect as KWK micronized...
Early in my kava career I had a lot of micronized kava. Lots from GHK but plenty from many other suppliers. I found no significant difference between GHK and other micronized kavas. That is not to claim that Chris is not doing something different with the makas/fiber - just to say at the user level I saw no difference. I still got dermo pretty bad after several months of just GHK microgrind. I don't drink micro anymore....but I get the convenience and it is nice for a newbie who may not be comfortable with straining medium grind.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
You probably could but you would still be ingesting more root fiber than desired. It is best to use medium grind and spend 5-8 minutes prepping it instead.