What's new

Can instant kava contain Acetone?

Dingy

I read that the liver damage from kava can be because of acetone being in the product. Is this more common for instant compared to normal versions?

I bought this instant version: https://kavaeurope.eu/sklep/bir-kar-kava-instant/

I tried it yesterday. What amazing pain relief and muscle relaxant. Amazing to feel. :) I just read about the issue with acetone, so I wanted to see if anyone knew more about it.

Also what dosages in grams is safe to consume each day to avoid the skin condition?

I also just read that micronized instant is not healthy and can damage the liver, since you're not supposed to consume the root itself, but that is what you're doing with micronized. Do anyone know of any dehydrated instant kava that can be bought in EU?

Cheers

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I read that the liver damage from kava can be because of acetone being in the product. Is this more common for instant compared to normal versions?

I bought this instant version: https://kavaeurope.eu/sklep/bir-kar-kava-instant/

I tried it yesterday. What amazing pain relief and muscle relaxant. Amazing to feel. :) I just read about the issue with acetone, so I wanted to see if anyone knew more about it.

Also what dosages in grams is safe to consume each day to avoid the skin condition?

I also just read that micronized instant is not healthy and can damage the liver, since you're not supposed to consume the root itself, but that is what you're doing with micronized. Do anyone know of any dehydrated instant kava that can be bought in EU?

Cheers
Acetone is not used in the production of instants, micronized, and medium grind offerings. (Also it for sure wasn't the acetone in the preparations that allegedly caused liver damage. It was mold and excess flavokavain levels)

Acetone may be used in the extraction of kavalactones to make kava extract pastes and other concentrate products.

When acetone is used in this way all of the solvent is evaporated off by either heat, vacuum, or both.