What's new

I Love Kava Friday Again, we stand together! FRIDAY!!!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Hey, Bula! I'm happy that it's Friday! Started my day today with a sourdough bread heel, unripe banana, and a light and watery second wash of some Bir Kar! I feel Bir Kar is a very soothing cultivar of kava - it takes my focus off stress allowing me more time and energy to share my happiness with the world! Isn't so much of a WHACK as Santa Cruz! I bet it has something to do with laterals to basals proportion.

Santa Cruz ~ 80laterals, 20basals - Great for my sleep routine, not AS heavy as when I first tried it a few years ago.
Bir Kar 20-30laterals, 70-80basals - Surprisingly light, with a nice taste that reminds me of lilacs!

Have a great day! Love the weather.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
37622EDB-FF58-4A14-A8FB-1D3F3F398702.jpeg

I went through these four roots recently, here’s how I rank them in order of preference. #1 Pia #2 Mbuong #3 Loa Waka #4 Borongoru

The bag of Pia disappeared the quickest and I often used it to blend with the others. I always preferred 100% Pia or a blend with Pia over a 100% session with the others. Hopefully it stays available for a while, good stuff, if you haven’t tried it yet, you should definitely give it a shot.
::chugger::

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
View attachment 13459
I went through these four roots recently, here’s how I rank them in order of preference. #1 Pia #2 Mbuong #3 Loa Waka #4 Borongoru

The bag of Pia disappeared the quickest and I often used it to blend with the others. I always preferred 100% Pia or a blend with Pia over a 100% session with the others. Hopefully it stays available for a while, good stuff, if you haven’t tried it yet, you should definitely give it a shot.
Being a fellow Amazon enthusiast, I would be curious what you think of Fiji Vanua Vanuatu and Koa kava Vanuatu. I keep them both on rotation but I find Fiji Vanua stronger and more sedating whereas the KOA is more euphoric.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Happy Saturday (and first day of winter) from NZ!
Having a midday Kava session with some delightful Puariki from KS. Off to work at the bar this eve and then onto some assignments!
Happy wintertime! We still see snow on the mountains around Santa Fe, NM.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
View attachment 13459

Sounds good - I always found the kava drinking experience whether in Tanna or in a Tanna nakamal in Vila to be a very immersive kava night, very strong and with complex effects not often got elsewhere. Unfortunately where I am it is difficult to get kava from other places than NZ as many US based suppliers will not ship to Laos. But will certainly try the KwK Pia when I get a chance.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds good - I always found the kava drinking experience whether in Tanna or in a Tanna nakamal in Vila to be a very immersive kava night, very strong and with complex effects not often got elsewhere. Unfortunately where I am it is difficult to get kava from other places than NZ as many US based suppliers will not ship to Laos. But will certainly try the KwK Pia when I get a chance.
Have you considered using a mailforwarder like
Forward2me.com or myus.com?
For us vendors?

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Have you considered using a mailforwarder like
Forward2me.com or myus.com?
For us vendors?
Yes, thanks - I looked into a couple of consolidators/forwarders, but their rates to Laos are similar to DHL for 5-10kg of kava. Hopefully I should be working back in the Pacific later this year so can fill a suitcase then.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Being a fellow Amazon enthusiast, I would be curious what you think of Fiji Vanua Vanuatu and Koa kava Vanuatu. I keep them both on rotation but I find Fiji Vanua stronger and more sedating whereas the KOA is more euphoric.
Koa Kava Vanuatu is probably my go-to "Amazon kava" now, it's not amazing or anything, but it's close enough and when you consider the price & fast shipping it might be the most solid choice on Amazon. FVK's Vanuatu is pretty heavy but not in the way I like...it just seems to wear me down and doesn't have any 'sparkle' to it. I had FVK's Pia last summer though and I liked that pretty well.

I recently tried Tikaram's Dogotaki waka from Amazon and it seemed pretty effective. It's definitely my favorite of Tikaram's line-up. ::shell::

Last edited: