What's new

Micronized Kava Review 'Opihikao

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I had an epiphany of sorts today and I'll describe how it began.

2:00pm (cst) I've no intention of making grog today and I'm mulling over whether or not to use the last of my Opihikao Micronized kava. The decision becomes rather easy because for one it's Saturday and for two I'm planning on working outside in the 100 degree Texas inferno without a shirt on since that would only turn into a weighted wet towelette very quickly.

2:15pm (cst) At this point I'm sipping on the micro and begin to get struck with more than just the affects of the kava....a shocking reality. The best way to describe the physical nature of it is a great warmth that envelopes your ears all the way down to the feet, whilst the muscles lose tension and possibly loss of all real feeling, though not exactly a numbness. What proceeds to take hold is so wonderful, like the feeling you get when you reminisce on the happy days past In your life. I may not smile as much as I do when Hanakapi ai is under the influence of me (Hahaha, y'all kavasseurs should understand that) but trust me it's subconsciously there. ;)

2:30pm (cst) The urge to sit down isn't as strong because of the smaller-ish dose but if I close my eyes I can tune into a very deep relaxation. I feel this's a more prominent aspect of Opihikao, without any of the overbearing sedative properties I've experienced with other cultivars.

2:45pm (cst) I'm finished outside after cutting down some precarious limbs and now sitting down brings on some familiar or visceral feelings. The stress from the week's seething from my body, my legs are rediscovering gravity all over again and after sweating some toxins in the sun out from my pours, I can personally say that even though I love me some heady effects like a mug of java; it's the muscle melting tension relieving power that's reinvigorated my love for a heavy kava. ::awesomesmiles:::love:
If I was a cloud I'd be Opi-hi-kao because right now I'm comfortably basking in warmth and softness.

All in all I have a hard time not rating this five shells because I know I've done it before but it just feels wrong when there're so many kava's I haven't sampled you know?
I'll wait until I feel the whole gambits been run to rate a kava that prestigious again....but dammit this ones up there on my list for sure. ::amirite:::rolleyes::D

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
All in all I have a hard time not rating this five shells because I know I've done it before but it just feels wrong when there're so many kava's I haven't sampled you know?
I'll wait until I feel the whole gambits been run to rate a kava that prestigious again....but dammit this ones up there on my list for sure. ::amirite:::rolleyes::D
So does that mean that if after you try all my different kava varieties and they all rate a 5 shell, your going to come back and change them all to 5 shell right. :ROFLMAO:
I think the good part about drinking kava is that there are so many ways to drink it, meaning you can get krunked if you drink enough or make a real strong brew but you do not need to get krunked to feel some of the great effects of kava. Experimenting with dosing is a great way to really get to know kava and where you stand with it, how you will need to prepare it for that specific time, do you want it strong or do you want some light experiences? The dosing for kava does not have to be krunking doses all the time. Different dosing for the same kava will give you different effects if you stop to listen. (y)
Great review, thanks and aloha.

Chris

Monkava'd

So does that mean that if after you try all my different kava varieties and they all rate a 5 shell, your going to come back and change them all to 5 shell right. :ROFLMAO:
I think the good part about drinking kava is that there are so many ways to drink it, meaning you can get krunked if you drink enough or make a real strong brew but you do not need to get krunked to feel some of the great effects of kava. Experimenting with dosing is a great way to really get to know kava and where you stand with it, how you will need to prepare it for that specific time, do you want it strong or do you want some light experiences? The dosing for kava does not have to be krunking doses all the time. Different dosing for the same kava will give you different effects if you stop to listen. (y)
Great review, thanks and aloha.

Chris
Hahahah Don't tempt me...I just might hack the values to a 6 Chris, but only I know that for sure. :smuggrin:;)

I love this kava in small amounts for the daytime and though I rated the sedative effects as a 3 that was subjectively because of the amount; once you get to a tablespoon that can certainly change.:D

I'm :nailbiting: in anticipation of your sale coming up, I know your a busy kavasseur too but do you have any idea when it might be available?....The wallet is beginning to itch a bit and I've already tried using coconut oil to calm it down. :unsure::LOL:

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
This stuff is very strong (I had medium grind), especially as a sedative. I usually keep it in the corner of the kava cabinet, and I recommend taping a photo of Mike Tyson to the bag. That way when you scoop your kava in the morning there's no misunderstanding of what will happen.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
This stuff is very strong (I had medium grind), especially as a sedative. I usually keep it in the corner of the kava cabinet, and I recommend taping a photo of Mike Tyson to the bag. That way when you scoop your kava in the morning there's no misunderstanding of what will happen.
I was thinking more on the lines of Bruce Lee but that is only because I have been in martial arts since I was 10, but I know Mike Tyson would get the job done too. :D
Aloha.

Chris

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Mike Tyson only comes to mind for 2 reasons.
1) it knocks you out
2) it makes you SPEAK like Mike Tyson -- more impressive than #1

Monkava'd

Y'all are hilarious :LOL:, but you must've had a different batch because various times I could've sworn a sumo wrestler was pushing down on my shoulders and sleep never sounded better. :sleep:
Though this Hanakapi ai is giving me a run for my money right now. The headiness has sort of blended together with all of the other affects and for w/e reason, I'm notably krunked off of my normal amount. :wacky:
It's Sunday so that's not necessarily a bad thing. ;)::amirite::

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Y'all are hilarious :LOL:, but you must've had a different batch because various times I could've sworn a sumo wrestler was pushing down on my shoulders and sleep never sounded better. :sleep:
Though this Hanakapi ai is giving me a run for my money right now. The headiness has sort of blended together with all of the other affects and for w/e reason, I'm notably krunked off of my normal amount. :wacky:
It's Sunday so that's not necessarily a bad thing. ;)::amirite::
I was reviewing your security cam today and it wasn't a sumo wrestler:

I won't show you the other part after he gets up. ::shit2::::shit2::::shit2::::shit2::

D

Deleted User01

Nice review. That 100 degree sun is brutal so now we know the prescription for that.
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face". Mike Tyson

Monkava'd

I was reviewing your security cam today and it wasn't a sumo wrestler:

I won't show you the other part after he gets up. ::shit2::::shit2::::shit2::::shit2::
The jokes on you Headhodge, here's what I found on yours.
giphy-8.gif

Alright cookie monster this addiction has gotta stop. :rolleyes: