What's new

Avoiding Dermo with 11 Yr Waka (Micronized)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Simple question. How does a micro-drinker avoid dermo? I just received my 11 yr Waka -- my first order ever. The journey begins.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Sorry, I'v just noticed that you are asking specifically about 11 year waka. I have never tried it and I am not sure what its current status is, but if it is not noble, then you may have to be a bit careful and drink it in moderation. Also, I believe it contains makas, but I am not sure if this has been linked to dermo.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Sorry, I'v just noticed that you are asking specifically about 11 year waka. I have never tried it and I am not sure what its current status is, but if it is not noble, then you may have to be a bit careful and drink it in moderation. Also, I believe it contains makas, but I am not sure if this has been linked to dermo.
Thanks! All indicators lead me to believe that 11 Yr is the real deal. Here is a straining of it from an hour ago.

Attachments

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Thanks! All indicators lead me to believe that 11 Yr is the real deal. Here is a straining of it from an hour ago.
The micronzied kava I drink doesn't have any larger particles and I never have to strain it. I guess these must be the makas as they are harder to grind, micronize..

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
In any case, dermo is not something that affects everyone. And from what I've heard it only happens when one drinks A LOT of kava over a long period of time. Finally, it is also a reversible condition, so don't worry too much about it. Just drink plenty of water and keep an eye on your body.

Robert

Kava Curious
I've been through a lot of this stuff, I've also binged pretty hard on it, this 11 year is the most addictive kava I've had, I love it, I end up drinking it all day sometimes, that being said, I get dermopathy very easy, before this new bag I have, I had pretty bad dermo from Tongan strain, and just dipped right into the 11 yr without a break, few days later, Dermo mostly gone, never get it from this kava, however, I get something almost more sinister every time I go through a half pound in four days, my eyes get completely f´d. You have to try hard to build it up in your system to get this, and also not stop at first warning signs, eyes start getting itchy and dry, pretty soon weird deep creases form under your eyes and they start burning, than your constantly tearing, like tears are coming out of your eyes, and its glaringly obvious to anyone who looks at you, and not the only time this happened to me was when I was going through an extremely hard time and really needed the kava, if you keep your kava consumption only to evenings this would never happen, no matter how much you have, just don't drink it all day and almost zero side effects.

Robert

Kava Curious
Also this will happen if you truly abuse any kava, I also get it from way overdoing ghk kavas as well, this micro is to damn convenient for someone like me, because of the invention of micro, I walk around lookin like a lemur all the time, but benefit to harm ratio, it's helping alot, amazing how it really won't let you abuse it for long.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah it just sounds like you drink it like some people have to have a mug of coffee at all times. I will normally be a conservative nighttime drinker. I am watching premiere league this morning with some mo'i to see how it goes.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I can only handle 11 year for about 2-3 weeks straight before dermo kicks in. My thought is that it's due to the makas or hard fibers being left in. That being said, it's one of the most delightfully heady kavas I've tried! Just relegated to private reserve status for special occasions.

D

Deleted User01

Good call Pacifico. I remember a endor using the code phrase "weekend kava" for those kavas that were less than noble. In my book, I don't care what anybody drinks as long as they have all the facts at hand. That's why Deleted User works tirelessly at his Kava testing and posts his results for all to see.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
They used to say that weekends were made for Michelob. That meant that tequila was made to drink never.

Status
Not open for further replies.