What's new

Possible potentiation predicament

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
FLAKES!!! CADBURYS FLAKES! LOVE!!
Cannot get them over here now. So sad. Have to wait until my next trip to England
Dang @shakas. Why did you have to pick that photo?
Had to stitch that myself to combine all the fattiest delicious brit chocolates together.
If you still have a fresh n easy store that hasn't closed, they were selling em there...
and if you're ever in the seal beach area, there's a little tea/british shoppe that has all that stuff.

verticity

I'm interested in things
i've never looked in to it, but i feel like it would collect my passwords and send em to a russian hacker.
Nope, it's legit. It stores your passwords in a local encrypted file. It's open source, too, written by a seemingly very meticulous German guy, so no Russian hackers. Without it I would literally be drowning in a sea of yellow sticky notes.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm also gonna try this with my instant now. If it makes it go further, everyone's a winner, right?
What kind of milk are you using? Full fat/semi skimmed/Skimmed?
I'm using semi skimmed. I want the fat but not too much. I got through just over a pint last night so about 300 calories I think.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
Last night I had two tablespoons of GHK micronized Mahakea in 8oz of 2% milk. I didn't notice a difference last night, but DID seem to be feeling it this morning.

One thing I've noticed, is that using the same strain of kava over the course of several days, seems to lessen the effect. For awhile, Moi really did it for me. Then, it didn't seem to do as much. So I switched to another strain. It'd be awesome for awhile, but then seem to loose potency. Yet, Moi would hit me good if I hadn't been drinking it for awhile.

I have an Alubal that should be showing up in the mail today(fingers crossed,) so I'll be mixing up some KalmWithKava Loa Waka tonight. I suspect it'll hit hard for awhile, and then I'll have to switch strains. The key may be to keep several strains on hand, and mix it up with a rotating variety!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I had a nice effect last night but not as much this morning. It seems the milk does help my body "use" the kava better so I get more of the effects I want at the time of taking it. If I don't do this then sometimes I am getting a kava rush while I'm trying to work the next morning which is, well, ok... It can border on slight nausea the next day which is not nice but it seems this way I can avoid that and just get the mild glow.

I had two teaspoons of QKP just now in 7 oz of milk and the effect is just building slowly. I'll have another two in 45 mins or so and then eat. I'm liking the milk idea so far, seems to work for me.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
After shells at the Melo Melo, Frank and I head down to IMM Thai Street Food and get spicy grilled meats, refuel, and head back for more shells. Midway through the meal of (very) spicy food we usually get a second kava wave. I recommend Larb Kai, stir fried pork belly, green papaya salad or meat satay for maximum kick.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
In addition to fatty foods, spicy foods can have this potentiating effect as well. So I imagine if you mix about a tablespoon of cayenne pepper with a cup of whole milk the effect would be...interesting. Any volunteers to try this?
lol, I'm probably the only one who might consider it. Maybe with coconut milk.. the beginnings of a good curry.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Guys there are certain mild "opiate"-like substances in dairy. Its especially concentrated in cheese. There have been clinical studies which suggest that cheeses may be addicting for certain individuals. Its possible that this substance potentiates the kava.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Guys there are certain mild "opiate"-like substances in dairy. Its especially concentrated in cheese. There have been clinical studies which suggest that cheeses may be addicting for certain individuals. Its possible that this substance potentiates the kava.
Do you have references to those studies? I mean I like cheese, but "opiate-like"? I am skeptical. I have seen the same claim made about wheat (see the book Wheat Belly). I'm skeptical of that too.