What's new

Why is BKH nearly always sold out of everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I never consider BKH when its time to purchase kava anymore because I know that there probably isn't much to order on the website. It is good kava, just wondering why its not available on their site.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I guess splitting the kava between a successful kava bar and a successful online business eats it up quickly.
Perhaps there's a limit to how much wholesale kava can be purchased each time, or maybe he's playing it safe as to not over order and then have stuff sitting around for too long.
::chugger::::chugger::::chugger::

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I never consider BKH when its time to purchase kava anymore because I know that there probably isn't much to order on the website. It is good kava, just wondering why its not available on their site.
Sorry our timing isn't right. We pretty much always have at least four kava varieties available, usually more. Go into it with a couple options and you should be able to get something you want. Shakas is right, though. We simply go through a ton of kava and keeping all of them in stock is difficult. All of our kava is fresh harvested so we're often at the mercy of growers in the south pacific. Add shipping times, customs delays, and the fact that most kava is purchased cash up front, delays and shortages are inevitable. Thanks for your patience.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Almost everything we sell is back in stock now! Only one of our eight awesome kavas is currently sold out. Better get it quick though, we sent out well over 1,000 bags of kava last month. Combine that with the necessity to keep the muddy waters flowing at the kava bar in Portland and it's hard to keep up.

@wormwood

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Almost everything we sell is back in stock now! Only one of our eight awesome kavas is currently sold out. Better get it quick though, we sent out well over 1,000 bags of kava last month. Combine that with the necessity to keep the muddy waters flowing at the kava bar in Portland and it's hard to keep up.

@wormwood
Sounds like Bula Kava House could use a Bula Kava Greenhouse.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Sounds like Bula Kava House could use a Bula Kava Greenhouse.
I've considered looking into land in the pacific for years, but with the space necessary to grow kava and the four or so years to maturity before harvesting the entire plant, I just can't justify it.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Maybe try buying an existing kava farm?:)
Definitely an option. Of course I may have a hard time find the one that's just right. Also, there aren't many large farms out there. Usually kava is grown in relatively small quantities on land that belongs to a single village member. For example, getting a large shipment of Borogu usually means a buyer goes to a couple villages on Pentecost Island and collects from multiple farmers.

I'll keep my ear to the ground though. Something may come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.