What's new

New Bula Kava House Slogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I was at the kava bar earlier today so of course I had a shell. After chugging eight ounces of strong Fu'u, I made a bitter kava face, and gave an auditory, "ugh" sound. My employee Ivy laughed and commented about how it's funny to see the owner of the kava bar give such a reaction. I told her, noting the flavor contrast with the effects, "Well, it's not good. I mean, it's good, but it's not good."

Bula Kava: "It's not good. I mean, it's good but it's not good."

Last edited by a moderator:

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I wondered if i'd ever get used to the taste of kava as i do struggle to drink it most of the time. I guess probably not:wtf::happy:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I wondered if i'd ever get used to the taste of kava as i do struggle to drink it most of the time. I guess probably not:wtf::happy:
Sorry, friend. Kava is not an aquired taste. I've spent time in Fiji, Vanuatu, and Hawaii with native kava drinkers. It's in their DNA and they make the same faces and sounds that first timers from the developed world do.

ThreeCardMonty

Raw Deal Maker
I was drinking some of the (incredible) 11 year old waka tonight. I quickly downed a cup, shivered and made a "yuk" face, and then said "man that's good". Funny, I thought, I don't make that face and shiver when I drink a Guinness.

Status
Not open for further replies.