What's new

Micronized Kava Review 11 Year Waka

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I've been using this stuff straight for a week now. I would have to say this is the stuff I've been looking for a good daytime kava. It is nice and heady and doesn't knock you out. I normally use 2 heaping teaspoons when I use instant or micro, but this stuff is so potent I only need 1 heaping teaspoon. I get a slight numbing of the lips and mouth when I consume it, but not as much as I expected. Then I get an immediate head rush that lasts for a good couple three hours. There were more than a few surprises using this stuff. I was expecting to have terrible strong taste, stomach issues (i.e. gas and nausea), dermopathy, and possibly a hangover. But to my great surprise, it tastes very mild, almost pleasant to drink. No stomach issues what so ever (this is highly unusual for me with any kava I consume). No nausea or hangovers even after drinking it "all" day long. No big outbreaks of dermo, although my nose is slightly driy and my scalp itches a little nothing like the usual dermo I get from other kava. I just end up feeling really good and happy because I didn't have the usual stomach issues I normally get. The only thing I experienced was a "full" feeling but without any feeling of bloating or gas. After drinking it all day, it leaves me pleasantly tired at night, and makes it easy for me to sleep. But it definitely doesn't knock me out. I am able to stay awake as long as I desire.

Edit: I totally forgot to say that it must be a really fine grind micro, because it tastes very smooth and not gritty like most micros. Almost as smooth as an instant. I swear if I didn't know it was a micro I would have thought it was an instant. (It's just the gift that keeps on giving :))

I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's for you or not, but out of all the other micro's and instants I've tried so far, this is by the best stuff I've used for daytime use. This is officially my goto daytime kava (until I find something better). (y)

blindy107

Kava Lover
ah yes thank you sir! I have consumed 2+ pounds of this stuff since its release and i have to say you are pretty spot on. Thanks for reviewing. I hate doing it....everytime i read my reviews i sound like a turd in my head. i will say i noticed stronger effects than you posted though. I had trouble seeing about 50% of the time. Not like i was blind, more like when you rub your eyes really hard then look around and you can't focus on things for a few seconds. i had to abandon the helm and let my fiance drive to dinner one night it was so bad...

i will agree with the serving size however. i never could drink over 2 tbsp of it. knocked my socks off and slapped my in the face with them. and the grind is like powdered sugar almost...it doesn't dissolve obviously but same powdery goodness!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
ah yes thank you sir! I have consumed 2+ pounds of this stuff since its release and i have to say you are pretty spot on. Thanks for reviewing. I hate doing it....everytime i read my reviews i sound like a turd in my head....
Just ordered 4 more lbs, because I like it so much. (y)
Don't worry, when you get to be my age you won't mind crapping on anyone. Someday you will end up loving your reviews!!! ::shit2::::uhhuhhz::

blindy107

Kava Lover
jeeezuz man! i should too....it's gnarly stuff. I think it may be to blame for my first case of dermo cause i like it so much...haha i haven't taken a day off in over 2 months. oops!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Everyone's reviews of this are so positively potent, I think I'm gonna have to pursue purchasing some of this powerful, provocative, alluring, dirty, toss-n-wash tudei plant.
Am I still using it ceremonially, if I find a reason to have a ceremony everyday ? :sneaky: ;)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Everyone's reviews of this are so positively potent, I think I'm gonna have to pursue purchasing some of this powerful, provocative, alluring, dirty, toss-n-wash tudei plant.
Am I still using it ceremonially, if I find a reason to have a ceremony everyday ? :sneaky: ;)
That would be great, then you could give us one of your dirty little kava whore reviews!!! ::happyshell::

blindy107

Kava Lover
Haha spanks!

So I gave maybe a tbsp of this to a very first time rootsplorer and all he noticed was numb mouth but then called me like 30 minutes later and said his face was tingly and numb as well as slight tingling in his extremities He also was grinning for no reason he mentioned.

I know that first time reactions are rare but wonder if it was due to the rockin sockin waka?

Ps: also gave 2 tbsp to a samoan sole I work with. He is far more kava experienced than myself. Been using on occasion for like 17 years or something. We shall see what he thinks wed when he's back at work! Hope he had time to drink it. He was blown away by the micro.

He described making it himself back home with a big log to pulverize the root in a stone bowl. I was like, "damn, I'm lazy"

Nodnav

Kava Curious
ah yes thank you sir! I have consumed 2+ pounds of this stuff since its release and i have to say you are pretty spot on. Thanks for reviewing. I hate doing it....everytime i read my reviews i sound like a turd in my head. i will say i noticed stronger effects than you posted though. I had trouble seeing about 50% of the time. Not like i was blind, more like when you rub your eyes really hard then look around and you can't focus on things for a few seconds. i had to abandon the helm and let my fiance drive to dinner one night it was so bad...

i will agree with the serving size however. i never could drink over 2 tbsp of it. knocked my socks off and slapped my in the face with them. and the grind is like powdered sugar almost...it doesn't dissolve obviously but same powdery goodness!

When you say you can't drink more than two tablespoons of it, are you talking about with one glass/shell or are you talking all night?

blindy107

Kava Lover
When you say you can't drink more than two tablespoons of it, are you talking about with one glass/shell or are you talking all night?
I usually just mix 1-2tbsp with water in a 16oz protien shaker and drink it in 1/3rds over 30-45 min. So I guess 3 "shells" worth for me.