What's new

1st Time With Concentrate

Irish88

Kava Curious
Tonight will be the first time I try the concentrate and I am going to mix a 2 ounce guava from KWK. If I don't feel anything, how much more should I try before I'm just wasting the KAVA? I've read about the reverse effect so I want avoid wasting it.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Tonight will be the first time I try the concentrate and I am going to mix a 2 ounce guava from KWK. If I don't feel anything, how much more should I try before I'm just wasting the KAVA? I've read about the reverse effect so I want avoid wasting it.
Is this your first time drinking kava at all?

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
I havent had the concentrate but everything KWK sells is high quality. I'd say whatever they list as one "serving", you can take up to 3 of that (one every 15-20 min on an empty stomach) until you feel it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
My experience with the concentrate, which I love, btw, is that a good drink like what you describe will make me feel about like having a nice scotch, a single malt. But having two does not make me feel like I had a double malt. What happens is I drink a concentrate drink and then I feel like I had a scotch. But later, if I have another, I don't feel like I had two scotches. What I feel is like I had a single malt, then after that feeling goes away, if I have another, I once again feel like I have had a single malt. There is for me no cumulative effect.

OTOH, I like the occasional kalmikaze, where the concentrate totally amplifies the effect of grog I am drinking. I especially like to make a krunk prep shell, Squanch is ideal for this, and chase it with a concentrate drink. This is not something I do often. It's quite strong, but also quite delightful.

Irish88

Kava Curious
This is my first time and I'm hoping that the reverse effect doesn't screw it up. I bought the KWK Sample Pack and it came with the Guava and Kavarita concentrate. It also has the 4oz. Borogu, 4 oz. Pouni Ono, 2oz. Micronized Kava Root, and a 2 oz. Noble Kava. I am hoping that I don't need more than 2 bottles of the concentrate tonight.

Irish88

Kava Curious
I have had two 2 oz. Bottles of concentrate and two drinks with the micronized powder and I'm not too imprssed. I feel a little relaxed but I was hoping for a lot more. Were my expectations too high or am I doing something wrong?

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I have had two 2 oz. Bottles of concentrate and two drinks with the micronized powder and I'm not too imprssed. I feel a little relaxed but I was hoping for a lot more. Were my expectations too high or am I doing something wrong?
Make sure you are drinking the kava on an empty stomach- before supper instead of after supper. It can make a huge difference.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
My experience with the concentrate, which I love, btw, is that a good drink like what you describe will make me feel about like having a nice scotch, a single malt. But having two does not make me feel like I had a double malt. What happens is I drink a concentrate drink and then I feel like I had a scotch. But later, if I have another, I don't feel like I had two scotches. What I feel is like I had a single malt, then after that feeling goes away, if I have another, I once again feel like I have had a single malt. There is for me no cumulative effect.

OTOH, I like the occasional kalmikaze, where the concentrate totally amplifies the effect of grog I am drinking. I especially like to make a krunk prep shell, Squanch is ideal for this, and chase it with a concentrate drink. This is not something I do often. It's quite strong, but also quite delightful.
If you wrote a book on kava, I would buy it