What's new

Kava Science 2015 International Kava Conference

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I just wanted to post this again as a reminder of the 2015 International kava Conference , there have been a few new additions and there is also a Facebook page if you wanted to check it out. This is the website for the registration and other information---http://www.kavacon2015.com/
This is the link to the Facebook page---https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kavacon2015/366256346892688
Please let me know if any of you have any questions. I know that there will be a lot of new information being brought out at this conference, information that will help keep the kava culture alive for a long time to come. Aloha.

Chris

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Anyone doing any live-streaming? I'd love to be a fly on the wall there.

That and eat some heavy pupus.

D

Deleted User01

Both Chris at GHK and @Deleted User are scheduled to speak on Sunday morning on July 26th. Chris at 9:30 A.M. and our beloved and world famous @Deleted User at 10:10. For the few who can't attend the conference, the speeches will be posted here and there for your perusal. Yah, that's right, perusal. :rolleyes: So stay tuned for more details at this bat time and this bat channel on this bat forum.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Woah, cool! Knew about Chris but didn't realize @Deleted User was like famous and all that! Jeez, I feel humbled and honored to participate in the same forum.
Anyone know if Chris allows visitors to his kava fields? That would definitely make a great addition to my next Big Island visit.

D

Deleted User01

I don't know if he does tours but you might contact him ahead of time. Perhaps he would allow a group to tag along as he cares for his plants. Hell, maybe he can put you guys to work too. :LOL: Heck, that would be waaayyyyy too cool. You know working the kava goes pretty quick when you are chewing on fresh root.:D Just watch it with the sharp tools.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I don't know if he does tours but you might contact him ahead of time. Perhaps he would allow a group to tag along as he cares for his plants. Hell, maybe he can put you guys to work too. :LOL: Heck, that would be waaayyyyy too cool. You know working the kava goes pretty quick when you are chewing on fresh root.:D Just watch it with the sharp tools.
Definitely would be freakin' cool! And it would just be me - unless anyone wants to tag along. Chewing kava and sharp tools is probably not the best idea - I would not be averse, however, to sampling my days work.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Woah, cool! Knew about Chris but didn't realize @Deleted User was like famous and all that! Jeez, I feel humbled and honored to participate in the same forum.
Anyone know if Chris allows visitors to his kava fields? That would definitely make a great addition to my next Big Island visit.
I do not mind visitors at all, as long as I am home, email me to make sure I will be home, aloha.

Chris

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I do not mind visitors at all, as long as I am home, email me to make sure I will be home, aloha.

Chris
That's so cool to hear! Was supposed to be coming in November but may have to put it on hold or reschedule. But good to know I can come and say aloha and mahalo in person!!!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well I am back from the 2015 International Kava Conference and it was a very good one. There was so much great information and it was exciting to be a part of it. I saw a lot of friends that I have not seen for a long time and it was very nice. I thought I would upload some pictures for you all to enjoy. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

This is me and Dr Lebott

Me and Dr. Helen Turner along with uncle Jerry Konanui.

This is an earlier picture of me and Dr. Schmidt when he was here on the Big Island.

This is a painting of a Hawaiian 'Awa bowl called Kanoa, this was done by a local Hawaiian artist for the kavacon.

I met Zane from Fiji with is product called Taki Mai. Very good guy with a good quality product.

This is boxes of Taki Mai bottles of kava.

Another picture of the Kavacon.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
You and Lebot look like you could be brothers. So, what's the word out of there, can any new info be shared ?
Was Jonathan Yee there, I'd like to ask him what's up with his weird ass Hiwa. ::awesomesmiles::

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Aloha All ~ just wanted to add a few pictures :) Such an awesome conference and wonderful to be surrounded by greatness. Nice meeting @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava for the first time (my Hawaiian neighbor :) and also seeing @Deleted User in action...great talk! Special thanks to: Dr. Vincent Lebot, Dr. Mathias Schmidt, Dr. Chengguo Xing, Uncle Jerry Konanui along with organizers Skip Bittenbender, Jonathan Yee and others. As always a pleasure @Paradise Kava!

My big take away: its is so nice seeing all these nice & passionate people come together from all different disciplines and backgrounds for common goals surrounding kava. We (all of us) are a strong group of kava enthusiasts and felt a lot of Mana, Aloha and good vibes from the islands this weekend.