What's new

26% kavalactones!?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
does anyone know of the kavaclone % in strong tuday kava just curious
It varies just as with noble. There is weak and strong tudei. The chemotypes can be wildly different so even if the KL% is high they can have unexpected effects considering some have DHM in the first slot and Kavain in the last. The Vanuatu Kava Act defines 126 tudei cultivars compared to the 12 noble so there is a lot of variety there.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
One small 4 oz. shell in. I did 1 liter to 4 heaping tablespoons. I haven't felt my mouth so numb since I started drinking kava 4 years ago. Absolutely fantastic kava. Instant kavain rush that reminds me of the first experiences I had on some BHK borogu. The color is light and I strained for a good 10 mins and the makas still feel oily.

Its high Kavalactones who knows how much but I haven't had this strong of kava in years if ever...

I am sold and will be buying more before it gone .

I have knowingly drank tudei before and this doesn't have that taste and is very heady instantly strong kavaiin rush.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
One small 4 oz. shell in. I did 1 liter to 4 heaping tablespoons. I haven't felt my mouth so numb since I started drinking kava 4 years ago. Absolutely fantastic kava. Instant kavain rush that reminds me of the first experiences I had on some BHK borogu. The color is light and I strained for a good 10 mins and the makas still feel oily.

Its high Kavalactones who knows how much but I haven't had this strong of kava in years if ever...

I am sold and will be buying more before it gone .

I have knowingly drank tudei before and this doesn't have that taste and is very heady instantly strong kavaiin rush.

I'll be interested to know how you feel tomorrow as well.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I made it to a second wash. I did not think I was going to finish that liter. The last few hours have been spent in a couch lock state listing to burial. It was quite something. The second wash is still very strong tasting. I should note that the smell of this kava is insane. It makes me cough smelling it which is also something that only happened when I first started drinking kava.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Back around 1998 at a Kava conference held in Fiji, there was a Kavalactone Competition between Fijian farmers. My dad won 2nd place. Scribbled onto the back of the certificate he received is:
1st Place - 17%KL - 3 1/2yr old Loa from Kadavu
2nd Place - 14.6%KL - 3 1/2yr old Loa from Taveuni
3rd Place - 14.5%KL - 4 1/2yr old Loa from Kadavu
All three numbers are high for plants of that age, but then the testing method used by the University in Fiji generally shows higher numbers due to the longer extraction time they use before testing.

Last edited: