What's new

A conversation w/ Dennis Mckenna

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I had the pleasure of speaking with Dennis McKenna about kava and its current challenges. Check it out!

This is a very informative discussion. And it is wonderful to see and hear Dennis after all these years when he used to
come to Hawai'i with classes he was teaching. The problem remains spreading the word. Here in the Forums it is
"preaching to the converted" and getting national attention on this issue is the rub. Kava continues to be demonized
all too often in Media. It's association with K@ is a huge example but the ongoing issue with Diamond Shruumz Bars
is yet another where "3 kavalactones extracted" is the focus and those extracted kavalactones get morphed
into "KAVA" in the media and that brings on the liver issue. But try to counter it? New York Times did (finally) print a count-
on-line comment but when asked to allow for an Op. Ed. they refused. Similar issue with the Tampa Bay Times K@/Kava bar
series...they refused to allow a counter point defending kava. Can the IKO counter this outside of the main kava media?
I don't know. But, thank you Brian for this effort with Dennis! And thank you Dennis!

neeko b

Kava Curious
Thanks so much for posting this. Dennis is so interesting... Gotta love the McKenna's. Alien Dreamtime!