What's new

Kava Preparation A magnificent invention...

Bert07

Me like da kava
Ya know what would be awesome to invent....a kava machine maker...that's right. The day I see one on the market is the day...(well I don't know). But just imagine pouring your kava root straight into the machine and a couple minutes later..wala! No hassle, no inconvenience, no cleanup..just a fresh pot of homemade brew made just for you! Now that is something I'd buy in a second but unfortunately there is too slim of a market of kava drinkers for it to exist, although you never know, things can change and the world of kava could make a break-through.
Just putting the idea out there, and who knows maybe myself or someone else follows through with it in the years to come, though I doubt it would be me due to the fact that I don't have the experience to make such a thing.
And I know some folks enjoy the actual process of making kava, and I completely understand, but you can't tell me there aren't days where you just feel like grabbing a few shells just as easily and conveniently as grabbing a few beers from out of the fridge (given you drink alcohol). Maybe some of these kava vendors could take this idea into consideration or like I said some you kava lovers out there. :D

p.s. Yes I've had a few more shells than I should of but this is what kava does to you

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I posted about this on the old forums

First, for those of you clicking on this hoping I had found a kava making machine sorry to mislead you. I don't have one.

But I do have a tea maker that I find really handy. I just put the tea in - it heats the water and steeps the tea for a certain amount of time and it works very well. It makes me wonder - how hard would it really be to automate kava straining?

I'm thinking you'd have some kind of box. You'd fill it with water, place a strainer bag inside it (there'd be some kind of catch on the lid or something to hold the bag up) and stick your kava in, enter in how many minutes you want and then the sides would close in, smashing the crap out of the kava.

Unfortunately I'm not a very handy guy. I'd pay a heck of a lot of money for something like this though. Thoughts?
I have kind of a design kicking around in my head which I explained in that post, but I'm not really a handy person and have no idea how to go about making it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This is more than a passing thought in my head. Me, and my mechanically inclined friend...who is now my roommate have been tossing ideas back and forth for several months. At least ever since I started the instant kava @ home experiment. Winter time usually gives me extra time to do what I want at work and I'll be using that time to see if there is a design that would work this year. Last year instant kava, this year....automatic kava.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Glad you guys have caught on to something like this earlier. At least I now know it's not too far-fetched of an idea. If anything follows through, just know I'll be waiting first in line. :)

violet

Do all things with love
^ this. Me too. A sense of peace rolls over me before I even get my hands into the bowl.

ravahavakava

Kava Curious
Does anyone own a pasta machine ? I was thinking that one could use one to press out a strainer bag. I'd imagine that they can apply a date bit if force.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
This is more than a passing thought in my head. Me, and my mechanically inclined friend...who is now my roommate have been tossing ideas back and forth for several months. At least ever since I started the instant kava @ home experiment. Winter time usually gives me extra time to do what I want at work and I'll be using that time to see if there is a design that would work this year. Last year instant kava, this year....automatic kava.
Progress report desired. :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Progress: none. Sorry to disappoint, but everything was too expensive and the roommate moved out.