What's new

A question to the kava pros

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
I've noticed something and want to discuss it. I think my body has a kava limit. In other words, it seems like I hit a plateau where if I drink more nothing else happens. I think I'd be better off drinking my kava spread out more. I can chug 7 or 8 shells but notice no difference in feeling since the 4rth. I think those other shells just go to waste. Also, it's very dependent on what I am doing. I drank a but load of kava and felt an intense cannabis like buzz while cooking dinner. I can up here to shower and the buzz subsided significantly. So, my questions are as follows..

1. Is more better? Or spread the grog out over a longer period of time. Does anyone plateau?

2. Do you feel the kava is more reactive to what you're doing? Is the buzzkill real?

Last edited:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I've noticed something and want to discuss it. I think my body has a kava limit. In other words, it seems like I hit a plateau where if I drink more nothing else happens. I think I'd be better off drinking my kava spread out more. I can chug 7 or 8 shells but notice no difference in feeling since the 4rth. I think those other shells just go to waste. Also, it's very dependent on what I am doing. I drank a but load of kava and felt an intense cannabis like buzz while cooking dinner. I can up here to shower and the buzz subsided significantly. So, my questions are as follows..

1. Is more better? Or spread the grog out over a longer period of time. Does anyone plateau?

2. Do you feel the kava is more reactive to what you're doing? Is the buzzkill real?
7 or 8 Shells...how far apart? Some traditional practice of Pacific Island Kava cutures has merit (not say the kapu system in Hawai'i) but kava drinking in half to 3/4 coconut shells over a longer period of time is a good one. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes apart.