What's new

A shell for my brother.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I lost my brother on Wednesday. I see him every day I just can’t believe it. I thought he was turning a corner I got him drinking kava to help with his recovery. He had so many plans and touched the hearts of so many. If you are struggling with addiction please seek help. The stuff out there is just too dangerous these days.

RG902

Kava Enthusiast
I lost my brother on Wednesday. I see him every day I just can’t believe it. I thought he was turning a corner I got him drinking kava to help with his recovery. He had so many plans and touched the hearts of so many. If you are struggling with addiction please seek help. The stuff out there is just too dangerous these days.
I am very sorry to hear that. I will drink my next shell thinking about him and you. Bula

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
I'm so sincerely sorry for your loss, my own brother struggled with opiate addiction for years and I became very familiar with the effects addiction can have.

I also lost a good friend of mine far too young last year and know how horrible that pain is.

This makes me think of a quote "a bond that only brothers know" and I'm sure it rings true for you, you'll be feeling a lot of grief and loss - I hope you have a close support network and are able to let yourself grieve.

I absolutely promise it will get easier over time, although it'll definitely be difficult for a while.

Just finished prepping a batch before reading this, i'll be thinking of you and your brother; Bula.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh my god. I am so sorry.

That is horrible and tonight's shells are in your brother's memory.

Words simply are not enough.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'm so sincerely sorry for your loss, my own brother struggled with opiate addiction for years and I became very familiar with the effects addiction can have.

I also lost a good friend of mine far too young last year and know how horrible that pain is.

This makes me think of a quote "a bond that only brothers know" and I'm sure it rings true for you, you'll be feeling a lot of grief and loss - I hope you have a close support network and are able to let yourself grieve.

I absolutely promise it will get easier over time, although it'll definitely be difficult for a while.

Just finished prepping a batch before reading this, i'll be thinking of you and your brother; Bula.
all the messages mean a lot. I pray that your brothers addiction struggles remain in the past And that your brother has a plan and a support system in place for a situation where he starts to spiral, and that his family and friends have a plan in place too. You can never completely let your guard down with stuff like this. Love you all.

edit: I’m not 100% sure if I correctly understood your comment about your brothers condition so forgive me if I misunderstood.

kavaaa

Kavalier
I'm so sorry to hear that, man. My condolences.
I know of too many stories like his. If I were a young kid nowadays, that would've probably been me. Street drugs are terrifying now.
This shell is for your brother.

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
all the messages mean a lot. I pray that your brothers addiction struggles remain in the past And that your brother has a plan and a support system in place for a situation where he starts to spiral, and that his family and friends have a plan in place too. You can never completely let your guard down with stuff like this. Love you all.

edit: I’m not 100% sure if I correctly understood your comment about your brothers condition so forgive me if I misunderstood.
No apologies at all! I didn't mean to dive to deeply into my own thing as to not take away from your own grief-
He overcame his addiction, has been clean for years and is doing well :)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I'm really sorry to hear about your brother. Words don't do justice to the hurt, I find comfort on good memories and better times and I find it keeps a small piece of that person, in my heart, forever.

Remember the good times and your brother will live on forever in your hearts and minds.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
This is one of those times where I feel sad because I can't relate all that well to addiction. I was always a "good boy" growing up. The "don't do drugs" campaign of the 90's worked on me pretty well. No one particularly close to me has an addiction, so I've heard stories, but I never got to witness people struggling. A lot of my friends did drugs and kinda "outgrew it" when the rebellious college days of raging parties were over.

It doesn't make drug addiction deaths any less sad for me. It's loss of human life and there are many emotions to overcome. That I CAN relate to.

Please let kava, your family, and friends to help you heal with your brother's passing.

Edit: I feel like in the "Like" Reaction button, there should be a Cross, or a Tombstone, or even the Letter F emoticon/emoji to express condolences.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I know exactly how you feel..

Deeply sorry for your loss.. Tonights Kava batch will be in memory of your brother.

Sending love & prayers from my family to yours!

Ofa's!