What's new

Kava Recipe A very simple not bad tasting kava drink

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ingredients
  • 4 cups of traditionally prepared kava
  • 1/2 tablespoon of Crystal Light Lemonade powder

Preparation
  1. Prepare kava as you normally do, for example: Knead 1/2 cup of medium grind kava root in a nylon stocking in hot water for 10 minutes.
  2. Mix in the Crystal Light
  3. Chill if desired, or just drink it.

Makes 4 servings.

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
I have tried this with a varety of crystal light like substances. Appletini is also quite good, and most of the tea flavors, margarita however was a big fail. Sometimes I just use a little splenda.

Last edited:

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I used to feel that way, @verticity. I really did. The smell of dried Vanuatu kava made my stomach lurch.

But now, I like it. Even when it's funky-mud Vanuatu grown. Probably the strongest-tasting stuff I have now is Borongoru, which isn't bad at all. The Nambawan was pretty stanky too. But most of what I drink is Hawaiian and Tongan, and it's kissing fairy farts.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
There are gallons upon gallons of lemon juice where I work. I occasionally add it to my water and ginger ale. When I'm sharing my kava with two certain coworkers, I'll add a shot glass or more of lemon juice to an 8tbs mix of cold grog. The tartness seems to override the mud. While I still occasionally shudder with a shell of thick, warm grog, my body associates the earthy taste of kava with feelings of pleasure and relaxation. So I don't mind the flavor in the least bit, it's worth it